• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People have doubted Nolan's casting for this franchise before. They've all eaten crow.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
??? Liam as Rha's was good, Heath as Joke was great and Aaron was Two-Face was pretty awesome.
Meh and had nowhere near the part he deserved, horrible and wasn't even funny, ok but he was only on screen for 5 minutes in character.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OG Bane wasn't exactly Hulk like in size.
batman_bane_12.jpg
2i25ys5.jpg

It would be awesome if Nolan lets Bane breaks Bats back in this one.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OG Bane wasn't exactly Hulk like in size.
batman_bane_12.jpg
2i25ys5.jpg
It would be awesome if Nolan lets Bane breaks Bats back in this one.

Have you seen Tom Hardy? He's like 175 pounds. Even Kunk wasn't that big.
confused.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Have you seen Tom Hardy? He's like 175 pounds. Even Kunk wasn't that big.
confused.gif

yea he's never bulked up for a role before

o wait..

tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. I like how everyone in this thread has somehow become Tokyo Slim.

And I hope Scarecrow makes one last appearance. You know. For old time's sake.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Meh and had nowhere near the part he deserved, horrible and wasn't even funny, ok but he was only on screen for 5 minutes in character.

Dude, whaaaat? Are you one of those guys who starts to dislike something because it's universally loved?

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
eh.gif
If by "pretty good" you mean "bland and inoffensive" than I agree with you.

I think he makes unlikely actors transcend their previous reputations and work in his movies. The Juno girl, for me, was this annoying, uber witty, indie type (admittedly I only saw her in Juno and maybe ten minutes of that Drew Barrymore roller derby movie) and in inception she worked. was it an amazing performance? no, but it wasn't meant to be. she did the job just as she was supposed to. which exceeded my expectations.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Nolan shot his load last time when he put the two best Batman villains in the same movie.

Bane is a snooze.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Hathaway is definitely hot, but I have trouble picturing her as Catwoman for some reason.
This. And I like Gyllenhaal.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Lol. People really think Nolan would involve CGI with Bane? Especially with an actor as physically imposing now as Tom Hardy? I expect there to be less or equal amounts of CGI in this as The Dark Knight which was seamless in its integration.

If you read the press release, it goes on to say how Nolan is excited about Tom Hardy playing Bane in his own interpretation of the villain.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Nolan shot his load last time when he put the two best Batman villains in the same movie.

Bane is a snooze.

Word.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal

Bane is a snooze.

He can make it work, he did well with adapting Rha's.
Plus Bane is the man that broke the bat, just because they made him dumb and stupid giant in the Batman & Robin movie doesn't mean Nolan will do the same. Dude is actually really smart equaling that of a genius. You guys really need to read up on what he has done in the comics.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
confused.gif
you guys liked The Dark Knight? That movie was such a mediocre pile of ****.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
He can make it work, he did well with adapting Rha's. Plus Bane is the man that broke the bat, just because they made him dumb and stupid giant in the Batman & Robin movie doesn't mean Nolan will do the same. Dude is actually really smart equaling that of a genius. You guys really need to read up on what he has done in the comics.
I have faith that Nolan will direct a good movie. I just don't think the material sounds all that great. Besides, anyone who seriously follows comics knows the person who really "broke the bat" is:
fistfight.jpg
nl1hsg.jpg
I still await a faithful adaptation of this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads