• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed on some MT fabrics on sale. Accidentally stumbled upon some ties in the B&S, slapped myself and clicked "back". This is working.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Passed on some MT fabrics on sale. Accidentally stumbled upon some ties in the B&S, slapped myself and clicked "back". This is working.
you did the right thing, buying fabric is just buying a liability
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Let's talk about what you guys plan on buying once NPC period is over. Maybe this will liven this place up?
I'm hoping to save up for a trip to europe for the summer - I've already started formulating a wishlist 1) Some MTO Edward Green shoes or RTW John Lobb shoes (if they still have museum calf by then) 2) Some new sneakers (probably Lanvin/Gucci/Prada) 3) Some new suits from SuitSupply - pretty great bang for the buck at $600 including alterations Of course, I have to keep the beat in the cage until then
smile.gif

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Brooks Brothers today to return a pair of shoes that have been sitting in my closet unworn since purchasing in December. I got there and realized the receipt was not in the box like I thought it was but didn't really care enough to make a second trip - I basically wanted to just get these shoes out of the house and back to the store. So I gladly accepted the merchandise voucher for the amount since I had no receipt...

As the associate was punching the numbers into the computer I was starting to think to myself that it would be hard to leave the store without buying something since I now had a $300+ credit. I was even already justifying it in my brain because if I figured I'd still be ahead. Luckily there was nothing in the store today that was calling to me.

zbelden00

Reaction score
can I be a late addition to the club please? we get our bonus checks in early february and I don't want to spend it all on clothes....

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
well i got a call from Italy ... so there goes that.

it was good for 20 days

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Huh? What is that supposed to mean?A call from Italy?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also starting a sub-division of the "no purchase club" called "go to the gym" club. I'll be the sole member for now. I know most of you won't care, but to shame myself, I'll report skipped days here.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I'm also starting a sub-division of the "no purchase club" called "go to the gym" club. I'll be the sole member for now. I know most of you won't care, but to shame myself, I'll report skipped days here.

I'm in on this one!

I skipped today though!
ffffuuuu.gif

-TTO

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Huh? What is that supposed to mean?A call from Italy?
An offer or confirmation of order, I'd think. I may need to join this club late after buying a lot more than I should have in January. But now there's an expensive fur-lined sweater on eBay that I absolutely have to own, plus someone just listed my single most wanted pair of jeans and they are not cheap by a longshot either. And I just found a shirt on Yoox that I saw at Holt Renfrew and loved but missed in my size on sale. And there's more .... you begin to see why I don't usually even bother attempting buying bans.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbelden00
can I be a late addition to the club please? we get our bonus checks in early february and I don't want to spend it all on clothes....

zbelden00, only if you can go until March 20th. Let me know.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
well i got a call from Italy ... so there goes that.

it was good for 20 days

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

niidawg3, methinks you were playing the home game version.
You weren't signed up in the first place, unless I missed something earlier?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Count me in. I've got a bunch of stuff due to be finished in the next couple of weeks, so if I buy anything else between now and the end of next month it's just gluttony.

Prince, If you will commit to March 20th, I'll add you on. Let me know.
The challenge is 2 months. I'm sure you can do it?....standing by for your response.

jdldore

Reaction score
MOL -- Still trucking. Second fitting for a suit (for cloth I received three months ago) is in the middle of next month, but no payment will be due until the end of March at the earliest. That is my only outstanding liability. My wife is thrilled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads