• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
everyone who sees you is supposed to know this? i don't think a dangling tag of any sort looks good.

look, I dunno what world you live in, but taking psychology 101 at university really opened my eyes to some things: life is about signaling. that tag sends the signals that: sq4u is rich and successful and it looks like a lift pass so it tells you he's pretty athletic and cares about lookin good on the slopes

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
keep the tag. branding is only tacky if the item is cheap.
keeping the tag on sends one of two messages: 1. you are so rich you only wear your clothing once 2. you stole the jacket either makes you a badass... or you can look like a dweeb.
look, I dunno what world you live in, but taking psychology 101 at university really opened my eyes to some things: life is about signaling. that tag sends the signals that: sq4u is rich and successful and it looks like a lift pass so it tells you he's pretty athletic and cares about lookin good on the slopes
keep embellishing this joke, it might eventually become funny.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
this forum is obsessed with sq's tags and receipts among other things

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
everyone who sees you is supposed to know this? regardless, i don't think a dangling tag of any sort looks good.
no, you are right. but most people: A) wont even notice it B) wont know whether it is supposed to be cut off or left on if they do (i dont particularly know myself) C) wont think anything different about the wearer of the jacket because of a 1" triangle hanging off a zipper on the side the only reason KVC noticed it is because he is an outerwear junkie theoretically, you are supposed to cut off all the MMM tags from his garments. do you do that? I don't. I think they look cool; especially on contrasting colored knits and tops. some of the tags on shoes and bags can't even be cut off because one side is covered by material or paint.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
the only reason KVC noticed it is because he is an outerwear junkie

Hah, it's true...you can barely see it in the fit pic

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
Hah, it's true...you can barely see it in the fit pic

+1. When I saw it mentioned I had to go back to the pic and look around and still couldn't find it until I saw that little triangle and not until someone mentioned it that I was sure that what people were talking about.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rfx, check what i posted in the random thoughts section...you might get a kick out of it..

kanye alert.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the forum is nothing if not obsessively scrutinizing.

Can u just sftu and go back to cooking your peasant soup?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kranebig.jpg
More of the same old ****, just took advantage of one of the few times I'm home during the day for the natural light and get slightly better shots of this jacket. Krane Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair W+H Buttero

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fit, Nil. I see we share the same aversion to color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads