• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other people post messages they've received then if there have been as many as claimed.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Or we could not. I just thought it was funny. Then again I obviously wouldn't miss the guy.
Why not? If he is harassing people people via PM (eg asking you if you're gay) and being a homophobe then why not allow admin to striketh down teh hammer of justice? Does he deserve to be banned or not in your opinion? It seems now you are defending/sheltering him and trying to reverse the momentum which you started. post the messages you guys unless they're just not as bad as we're led to believe and they would just be boring to read

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Dude why do you care so much about this / about defending the guy? I don't really care if he's banned or not, except I wouldn't have to read his posts, which the ignore feature can take care of anyway.

******* internet such serious business.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I am fairly certain I am not marsupialed (well, full blown marsupialed, at least), which by your logic above, would mean I am "dumb and insecure in sexuality". And out of curiosity, how have I demonstrated that I am insecure with my sexuality? I had a difficult time interpreting your message as it wasn't exactly straight forward but I think I know what you were getting at.

insert stupid ******* unnecessary disclaimer:

I have gay friends. I have bi friends. I am friend of the gays. I am not a homophobe, by any stretch of the word. I don't want to discuss the presence of gay people on a fashion forum. cliche argument police have been called and are on their way. break it up nothing to see here.

The worst part is that these posts like this one get reported by like 20 people (fyi folks so be careful) but FOK please review this post in it's full context before automatically siding with the post-reporters and banning me (I'm on probation and think I've violated my parole as a result of these postings...so per my agreement I will be banned).
musicboohoo[1].gif

well I didn't mean you (I meant chasingred) though you do strike me as someone that doesn't realize how much it ******* sucks to be a minority in such a situation, and having minority friends does jack all to show you what it's actually like (which you've shown in the post I quoted)

what if ar6 was gay? here's some context, let's say he's black instead:
are you black? every time you post something, you sound like a loquacious *****r. i just hear a "black drama *****r" voice in your writing.

honest question.
and before someone is a DUMBFUCK and says 'no way that wasn't the way it was written at all!', think of the ******* context of how this **** is said... sorry but it's straight up hateful. i'm sure some dumbass is going to hate on me for this post but i don't like insecure assholes in this community, just ones that say i look ugly or short.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno...just thought I was conversating on a relevant topic to this morning being you posted the PM of Red's and posed the question:

Originally Posted by AR_Six
....Actually this might be against forum rules I'm not even sure, what's the standard on homophobia?.....

I'd like to know the answer to that as well, or at least people's opinions. It's applicable to day to day posting. One time I posted the word "queer" -- in the context of the conversation, obviously meaning "odd", and not the alternate definition -- and I was then quoted by someone with the word "queer" in bold and made a larger font as if trying to call me out and imply that the adjective was some kind of curse word, or the use of it, taboo.

You sound annoyed and that wasn't my intent, whatsoever. Sorry, dude.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aeglus thank you for the earnest reply and I follow you 100%.

everyone else - sorry for trolling - done now.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
what if he said that but he has black friends?

most tiresome excuse overused by bigots world wide "but i have _adjective_ friends"

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
most tiresome excuse overused by bigots world wide "but i have _adjective_ friends"

Anyone who says that or the phrase, "I'm not racist (or insert relevant adjective), but..." is about to say some really racist ****.

coldforge

Reaction score
I have an honest question: for you 21 year-olds, do you have a contingency plan for when your metabolism switches down a gear and you stop being all, like, boy-shaped? I'm pretty lucky that my interest in clothes only occurred roughly contemporaneously with my stopping being the ultra skinny birdchest that I had been in my youth.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
I have an honest question: for you 21 year-olds, do you have a contingency plan for when your metabolism switches down a gear and you stop being all, like, boy-shaped? I'm pretty lucky that my interest in clothes only occurred roughly contemporaneously with my stopping being the ultra skinny birdchest that I had been in my youth.

Buy different clothes? Vomit up food after every meal? Who cares

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ask AR6

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
R_six, ask him if this is some sort of "downlow" thing. If it is, schedule a meetup with him at the Breslin, and then don't show up. Post results for the rest of the forum to see.
Stop eating as much, and continue to exercise?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah the contingency plan is to go the gym and workout to maintain a decent shape to my body along with proper diet. What other options are there?

The gym ******* sucks and is filled with faux-hawk sporting registered douche bags but if you want to **** dimes on the daily and have shirts drape off your ******* lats in a good way then it's the only option.

so many times a fit flat sucks because the wearer is just out of shape. I can empathize with these folks as I understand how tough it is to whip yer ass into shape (visually and noticeably) but it's the true foundation of a good fit. Especially shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads