• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Zackb911

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my sizing experience. I usually wear a 10 1/2 in everything with normal width.

I bought a pair of Clark DB's in a 10 to be safe, way too big. So I held on to them and ordered a 9 1/2 to compare. The 9 1/2's initially felt pretty snug, uncomfortably so, but I wore them around the house for the day and a few hours later they fit comfortable and like a glove.

Moral of the story, size down 1 FULL size. If you're trying them on in the store you may think they're too tight but give them a few hours and all will be well.

Zackb911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeeeey
what do you all think of spending 2/3 the cost of a brand new DB to have it resole to vibram soles?

crazy?

Im really tempted to do that cos i love the leather and the fit, but its the soles thats bothering me.

Aren't the bushwacker ones the same thing with non-crepe soles? Why not get those.

Dr. Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
I've asked this a couple times now and still no response but does anyone know how I could weather seal my saddle leather db's, i'm unsure of whether or not I should treat it like regular leather?

Could someone please answer my question, pretty please.

yirayira

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Could someone please answer my question, pretty please.

It's still leather. I'd recommend Obenauf LP. Stay away from mink oil which contains silicon.

yirayira

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zackb911
Aren't the bushwacker ones the same thing with non-crepe soles? Why not get those.

The Bushacre's have "normal" rubber outsoles. They can't be had in the same beeswax color as the desert boots, but the tan ones can be darkened and waxed to look extremely similar.

Dr. Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yirayira
It's still leather. I'd recommend Obenauf LP. Stay away from mink oil which contains silicon.

thank you, much appreciated

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phaseshift = Clark's Best Customer Award winner in 2010 and 2011! lol

This guy is the biggest DB fanatic ever

handsometigers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
If money isn't an issue, which of these shoes do you like more?

Clarks Desert Boots - Black Suede

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-desert-boot~3

(or)

Allen Edmonds Malvern - Black Grain

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=60&ty=53

If money isn't an issue I would get the Allen Edmonds because I'm not into black suede. Just my personal preference.
smile.gif

mikeeeey

Reaction score

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my grey leather DB from DavidZ today. Everything looked fine until I look at the bottom of the shoe and it was ******* dirty. How ******* unprofessional. I've heard that **** has happened to another member on here as well.

Dr. Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Got my grey leather DB from DavidZ today. Everything looked fine until I look at the bottom of the shoe and it was ******* dirty. How ******* unprofessional. I've heard that **** has happened to another member on here as well.

This happened to me as well, but those soles get dirt all over the first time you put them on so it didn't bother me that much.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Newbies

Please dont respond as you'd probably not know or have done this.

Have any of you used shoe trees for your DB's to keep their form? Just curious.

No. To me DBs are beater boots that shouldn't require pampering. It just doesn't feel right putting a $30 shoe tree into a $60 shoe. Besides, the sole is more likely to go before the leather.

I do give them a few scrubs with a brush when they get really dirty.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hopped on the $57 Amazon deal and my greys arrived today. After a while I figured that they weren't that suede-y at all and I figured they are the distressed grey or saddle grey or some DavidZ ****.

But I highly recommend this color. Goes will with jeans and my khaki chinos. The contrast from the upper and the sole makes it look a little more sneaker-y and familiar so if you're looking for your first pair after 'graduating' from sneakers, give the grey a shot.

The sides of the crepe sole had dirt on it but after I looked around it turns out it is supposed to be like that... Kind of bummed out but the sole is going to get destroyed by me anyway so I don't care.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads