• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

GloStiX

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail via Concierge on their site earlier today, now my Groupon worked. Ordered an "Essential Charcoal," I'll definitely post detailed results when I receive the suit.

lumpyllama

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first suit indochino or otherwise and I'm hoping to get some feedback about what changes might be needed. I think the sleeves and jacket length are too short and the jacket sorta makes me look super womanly in the waist, I'm not sure what to say to get that fixed. I apologize for the crap photos and grey shirt that blends into the suit, I just moved and by moved I mean that I packed a carry on bag and intend to buy anything else I need here, so I don't have a proper camera or really much else yet.

Light Grey 3 Piece Suit
Untitled-6copy.jpg
Untitled-14copy.jpg
Untitled-15copy.jpg
Untitled-19copy.jpg
Untitled-7copy.jpg

Untitled-8copy.jpg
Untitled-2copy-1.jpg

Untitled-4copy.jpg
Untitled-5copy.jpg
Untitled-9copy.jpg

Untitled-17copy.jpg
Untitled-18copy.jpg
Untitled-13copy.jpg
Untitled-12copy.jpg

karnoculars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
The
facepalm.gif
in this is completely off the charts.

Sorry, I'm definitely not an expert in these matters. A quick google search showed me that typically, the higher numbers indicate a finer material. I'm guessing there are other factors to consider but it's at least a decent starting point, no? Please educate me, I'd like to learn more!
smile.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

I've a groupon for Indochino and the more I look at these suits from you guys the more I regret getting this groupon.

For the person above, you've to wear a different color shirt than a grey. It's hard to tell if there isn't any contrast.

Anyway. The sleeves look too short at least an 1.5" or so. The chest is a little tight b/c as you can see the lapels "POP" right out at you. Oh, the pants look terrible too. Maybe it's the way you're standing but from the back area, there are many ripples, which I don't know why.

Cheers

mrbrad

Reaction score
Do you guys think the pricing is going to stay at this higher level from now on? I was on the edge deciding before the price hike; now (with lack of coupon codes) I feel like I'd be getting played!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gosh, Indochino sucks... Even that 60 dollar suit looks better than most of Indochino. Just because this thread is in StyleForum, doesn't mean that Indochino is StyleForum approved. This thread just happens to be here. Most of the people who post in here, don't post anywhere else on SF. This needs to be said, since this is the third link that shows up on Google search when you look up indochino. Indochino isn't even an affiliate for StyleForum.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Gosh, Indochino sucks... Even that 60 dollar suit looks better than most of Indochino. Just because this thread is in StyleForum, doesn't mean that Indochino is StyleForum approved. This thread just happens to be here. Most of the people who post in here, don't post anywhere else on SF. This needs to be said, since this is the third link that shows up on Google search when you look up indochino. Indochino isn't even an affiliate for StyleForum.

i think that 60 dollar one is good for the price, but it still sucks.
my first suit was from indochino a year and a half ago.
it served me well.

this is a good intro into getting fitted clothes.

i wouldn't recommend you only buy suits from this company, they definitely have issues to work out.
maybe in a couple years.

Gnomie

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post on these forums.
smile.gif

I consider getting an overcoat from Indochino. Either the "Black Double-Breasted" or the "Classic Camel" option. I am wondering if any of you have experience with overcoats from Indochino at all? Anything I should be aware of with regards to measurements?

Also, are there any discount codes which are valid these days?

Thanks,

Wayward

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gnomie
Hi all,

My first post on these forums.
smile.gif

I consider getting an overcoat from Indochino. Either the "Black Double-Breasted" or the "Classic Camel" option. I am wondering if any of you have experience with overcoats from Indochino at all? Anything I should be aware of with regards to measurements?

Also, are there any discount codes which are valid these days?

Thanks,

From recent memory, raphael__n has ordered an overcoat from them before. You should look up some of his posts. IIRC, his complaint was that it's too thin and, while it looked good, it didn't provide enough warmth. His review is at around page 63 right now:

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=932

mjc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wayward
IIRC, his complaint was that it's too thin and, while it looked good, it didn't provide enough warmth.

My experience with the camel overcoat was similar - it was basically a long suit jacket, rather than a real overcoat that would keep the weather out.

Plus, mine was badly made - the button holes didn't line up with the buttons particularly well.

I gave it away.

You're better off getting an overcoat from Jos. A. Bank. They're inexpensive (perpetually on sale...), and the quality is better. My JAB overcoat was made in Haiti, which I've never seen before. I had to return it because of some sizing issues - mostly my fault - but I don't have a problem recommending them for inexpensive clothing.

- Mike

GloStiX

Reaction score
...lol this is starting to sound like an Indochino hate thread. To pour some gasoline on the fire I just got my confirmation of my order being sent to the "Master Tailor", and that they have modified some measurements. Pants length +3" Waist +2" etc. Hey I am not in a rush to get the "Perfect Fit" finished product, but jeez I feel insulted, like they think I'm too stupid to read a tapemeasure correctly. Isn't the whole point of custom clothing to fit hard-to-fit bodies better? So they don't believe my waist is 28" just because I'm an American?
laugh.gif
They're wasting their own money and time. Even my $60 suit (OK, $100 with international express shipping) was done in one try... webcam pic
24gt5s7.jpg

Unregistered

Reaction score
Jacket and trousers seem a little short for me but... cut rather nicely, GloStix!

I got a custom made camel coat from Indochino... Asked for a double breasted keystone 6x4 and it came out very nicely indeed.

I'll try get around to posting some pictures. Very few people have ordered coats from them it seems!

GloStiX

Reaction score
^one of those "custom tailor" eBay sellers based in Hong Kong. There are others based in India that do custom leather jackets for ~$150.

I wouldn't be surprised if Indochino was having their work done by tailors of similar expertise. That would explain how they can afford to guarantee remakes.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
They're wasting their own money and time.

+1. I really can't understand their rationale behind changing peoples measurements seemingly at random.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads