• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Momo 0201, 2,5 months aprox.

2s12df9.jpg

these are going to be excellent ... so is that 2.5 months of continuous wear +/-?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
BIG 0705s ... again. im going to make them work! we were suppose to go to ny this month and i was going to wait to get a pair until i could try them all one but we put off our trip until march.
Someone got a lot of Christmas money this year, LOL!

eternaldrake

Reaction score
so is the big 0705 going to be on their stocklist? that would be so cool. its a shame you cant do a 29 of 31 ...

yea they plan to stock more, heres the email i got when i asked about size 30s

Originally Posted by big
site@big to me
show details 12/28/10
Hi Jonathon,

We are planning to produce more but have not yet set a date when we'll be
starting, most likely around the middle of Feb or so to complete around the
end of March. I can keep you updated when we have more information on this.

Regards,

Gordon

also yea i saw they had sizes in stock right above and below what I wanted, made me sad.

tbh, looking at these size charts, i could probably squeeze into a pair of 29 raws but the thighs would be tight as sin, and to my understanding momotaros barely stretch so it wouldnt be a good idea really

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are going to be excellent ... so is that 2.5 months of continuous wear +/-?

Yes, this is indeed 2,5 months of continuous wear. With maybe a day or two off... But they really are something, loving them more and more each day!

Did soak before wear, and as of now I haven't soaked or washed them. Will hold out to about 6 months, maybe longer.

By the way, all who are interested in the 0705. You could also opt for the G007 from the Copper Label series, it's almost the same silhouette and they are to die for :p

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, this is indeed 2,5 months of continuous wear. With maybe a day or two off... But they really are something, loving them more and more each day!

Did soak before wear, and as of now I haven't soaked or washed them. Will hold out to about 6 months, maybe longer.

By the way, all who are interested in the 0705. You could also opt for the G007 from the Copper Label series, it's almost the same silhouette and they are to die for :p

cool.

yup, the patch they use on the copper label stuff is the best ive seen on any denim.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
yea they plan to stock more, heres the email i got when i asked about size 30s also yea i saw they had sizes in stock right above and below what I wanted, made me sad. tbh, looking at these size charts, i could probably squeeze into a pair of 29 raws but the thighs would be tight as sin, and to my understanding momotaros barely stretch so it wouldnt be a good idea really
thats great! i know they have been working with momo on some other things as well, which if come to pass with be ******* epic. we need a ai jean in a slimmer cut ... like the gold 003 natural indigo denim in a 0701/05 cut.

tobiasvl

Reaction score
Hey! I'm considering getting the Momotaro + Context Grand Indigo Selvage 0701MCXX, but I'm worrying about the size, as I see others have done earlier when buying 0701. I don't have too much experience with raw denim. I've had three Nudie jeans, where only the ones I'm wearing now are selvage (Grim Tim). They're all 29" in the waist, and that's pretty much perfect for me; tight to button in the beginning, but a nice, slim fit (no belt needed) after some wear. What size do you recommend I get the Momotaros in? Has anyone compared Nudie Grim Tim Dry Selvage to Momotaro (or these especially) before? I see that Context estimates that both jeans stretch one inch in the waist, but that the Momotaro also shrinks one inch in the waist when washed (the Grim Tims might do that as well, I don't know yet).

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasvl
Hey! I'm considering getting the Momotaro + Context Grand Indigo Selvage 0701MCXX, but I'm worrying about the size, as I see others have done earlier when buying 0701.

I don't have too much experience with raw denim. I've had three Nudie jeans, where only the ones I'm wearing now are selvage (Grim Tim). They're all 29" in the waist, and that's pretty much perfect for me; tight to button in the beginning, but a nice, slim fit (no belt needed) after some wear.

What size do you recommend I get the Momotaros in? Has anyone compared Nudie Grim Tim Dry Selvage to Momotaro (or these especially) before? I see that Context estimates that both jeans stretch one inch in the waist, but that the Momotaro also shrinks one inch in the waist when washed (the Grim Tims might do that as well, I don't know yet).

This will depend on whether you are going to soak them or not. If you're going to soak, then I would measure the waist on your nudie's and get the same size in the 0701MCXX per Context's measurement chart. They'll shrink an inch with a soak, and then stretch back to the original size fairly quickly. If you're NOT going to soak, then I would size down one to account for the stretch.

Also, I would email this question to Context and see what they say. They were certainly helpful when I was figuring out sizing on these. The 0701MCXX are ******* awesome by the way, I need to get some evo pics up of mine.

tobiasvl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
This will depend on whether you are going to soak them or not. If you're going to soak, then I would measure the waist on your nudie's and get the same size in the 0701MCXX per Context's measurement chart. They'll shrink an inch with a soak, and then stretch back to the original size fairly quickly. If you're NOT going to soak, then I would size down one to account for the stretch.

Also, I would email this question to Context and see what they say. They were certainly helpful when I was figuring out sizing on these.

I bet, they said the exact same thing! Thanks. Did you soak them or not? I've only had sanforized jeans before, but I understand soaking non-sanforized ones is generally advised.

The 0701MCXX are ******* awesome by the way, I need to get some evo pics up of mine.
Yes PLEASE!

pistolero

Reaction score
I bet, they said the exact same thing! Thanks. Did you soak them or not? I've only had sanforized jeans before, but I understand soaking non-sanforized ones is generally advised.

Yes I soaked mine, they shrink in length too (i don't remember by how much). I needed to get mine hemmed so I wanted to get the shrinking out of the way first.

tobiasvl

Reaction score
Yes I soaked mine, they shrink in length too (i don't remember by how much). I needed to get mine hemmed so I wanted to get the shrinking out of the way first.
I think everyone needs to get them hemmed, they only come 39" on the inseam!

Thanks for the tips, I'm going for it
smile.gif
Would still love some photos though.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey! I'm considering getting the Momotaro + Context Grand Indigo Selvage 0701MCXX, but I'm worrying about the size, as I see others have done earlier when buying 0701. I don't have too much experience with raw denim. I've had three Nudie jeans, where only the ones I'm wearing now are selvage (Grim Tim). They're all 29" in the waist, and that's pretty much perfect for me; tight to button in the beginning, but a nice, slim fit (no belt needed) after some wear. What size do you recommend I get the Momotaros in? Has anyone compared Nudie Grim Tim Dry Selvage to Momotaro (or these especially) before? I see that Context estimates that both jeans stretch one inch in the waist, but that the Momotaro also shrinks one inch in the waist when washed (the Grim Tims might do that as well, I don't know yet).
they tell you how to order on their site. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1606 are you looking for confirmation?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone needs to get them hemmed, they only come 39" on the inseam!

Thanks for the tips, I'm going for it
smile.gif
Would still love some photos though.

I've posted plenty pictures regarding Momotaro. The 0201 Vintage and G007 Copper Label though. Search for it in this thread.

Btw, the G007's are golden, so they deserve to been seen :p

tobiasvl

Reaction score
I've posted plenty pictures regarding Momotaro. The 0201 Vintage and G007 Copper Label though. Search for it in this thread. Btw, the G007's are golden, so they deserve to been seen :p
I found them now. Looking very nice! Thanks
they tell you how to order on their site. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1606 are you looking for confirmation?
Yeah, pretty much. And experience. I think it's a pretty expensive item to purchase from an online store overseas (I'm in Europe) when all I have to compare it to size-wise is Nudie. I see that they both stretch about an inch though. A thought: Although Context also advised me to buy the same size as the Nudies, my Nudie jeans in size 29 measure 29.5" in the waist, while the 0701 only come in whole inches and the waist sizes match the tagged sizes. Maybe I should size up to 30" instead of going with 29" then? The Nudies are pretty tight from the store. If I soak and shrink the 0701 to 28" that's 1.5" tighter than those again. HMM!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
momotaro big 0705 size 34.

pre-wash fit (these wont shrink much at all)
DSCN0227.jpg
DSCN0249.jpg

outside pics ... in the washer right now. post-wash pics will follow!
DSCN0266-1.jpg
DSCN0260.jpg
DSCN0255-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads