• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

crimpologist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chakmak
Jesus ******* Christ. Myself and a couple others just asked if there were any active coupon codes and you feel the need to **** all over us. And who says we were getting any of those $12.99 shirts? I myself can't be throwing around $12.99 of my hard earned cash when I have 7 illigetimate children to feed, 3 baby mammas and a highly expensive cocaine addicition to fund. Holy ****! I'm sorry if I'm just the cheapest man alive for not wanting to pay top dollar for these KMart clothes ok. I mean who in the hell do you think you are....Donald Trump? Bill Gates? Huh, answer me!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Krayzie says it best
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's some of Lands' End Canvas stand out items? I usually buy J crew but now I don't have a job so Lands' End is more in my price range. I'm guessing it's like J crew where some items you can get burned.

I got a microcheck shirt, khaki shorts, chambray shorts, and a cardigan for $50 something dollars; cannot beat that.

lwkeung

Reaction score
Bought a few oxfords last week and they finally arrived.
Ended up being $13.5 and $16 oxfords (+tax) and I am very satisfied.
I am 5'8" and about 155 lbs and I ordered the small.
Love the fit around the chest, but I thought the sleeves and the body was a tad bit long.
The Smalls fit a tad bigger than Uniqlo's medium in oxfords.
I definitely prefer Uniqlo's oxford, but I love the LEC because it's like half Uniqlo's price.

Good buy. Went ahead and purchase another oxford and the chambray in Small.
Well be returning 2 of the shirts. The colors they show aren a little different than the actual product, so take that in mind.

stimulacra

Reaction score
Just got my shipment in today. For myself I got two ties, a striped silk knit tie (black and purple) and a wool griffin tie. Pretty nice. http://bit.ly/fKoz6S http://bit.ly/euJGke The maroon shaker shawl cardigan fits real well. I got the small (I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs). http://bit.ly/h1XvfF I also got the Fair Isle crewneck sweater but they only had medium. http://bit.ly/g2jDzW It's comically large on me and not flattering at all. Dropping it off at Sears first chance I get. Definitely size down on their sweaters. Just curious though to know if these will shrink down in the wash?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chakmak
Jesus ******* Christ. Myself and a couple others just asked if there were any active coupon codes and you feel the need to **** all over us. And who says we were getting any of those $12.99 shirts? I myself can't be throwing around $12.99 of my hard earned cash when I have 7 illigetimate children to feed, 3 baby mammas and a highly expensive cocaine addicition to fund. Holy ****! I'm sorry if I'm just the cheapest man alive for not wanting to pay top dollar for these KMart clothes ok. I mean who in the hell do you think you are....Donald Trump? Bill Gates? Huh, answer me!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not an NBA player, are you?
worship.gif

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ordered a bunch of stuff for my dad and took a gamble on a marled blazer for myself. I'm 5'8" 140, hope a small fits.

highkneez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
ordered a bunch of stuff for my dad and took a gamble on a marled blazer for myself. I'm 5'8" 140, hope a small fits.

Anyone have fit pics of the Marled Blazer?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
What's some of Lands' End Canvas stand out items? I usually buy J crew but now I don't have a job so Lands' End is more in my price range. I'm guessing it's like J crew where some items you can get burned.

I got a microcheck shirt, khaki shorts, chambray shorts, and a cardigan for $50 something dollars; cannot beat that.

I only really use LEC for shorts and shirts when they're on sale. The shorts have a thicker and nicer material than Gap and I like the fit on the shirts. Their medium is the Smedium that I needed from J Crew and they have a lot of patterns to choose from.

Can't really vouch for any other stuff though. I wasn't a fan of the Varsity Cardigan or the Henley.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm finding their stuff just a touch (like half an inch or even less) too short. If I size up (sweaters especially) they'll be too big all around but if I go TTS they'll be short (not unwearable short, but shorter then I would like).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5'10.5 and 150lbs (in that range) Small fits good albeit a tad shirt i.e. the shirt sleeve.

Refer to my earlier post about fits/care i.e. shrinkage.

And remember, LE does do price adjustments.

Also, stfu Mikey. Please lurk some more. Damn ballsy to be making that comment. I think that is twice you have mentioned others monetary values when it comes to purchasing clothes (remember WAYWT?) What's wrong with people trying to save a little more? ****

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
These sweats are awesome
smile.gif

stupid question but how do they fit? I bought some gap sweats a few weeks ago and they are straight up MC Hammer pants, they are comfortable but the front rise has like a 23" measurement on a small... rediculous

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
5'10.5 and 150lbs (in that range) Small fits good albeit a tad shirt i.e. the shirt sleeve.

Refer to my earlier post about fits/care i.e. shrinkage.

And remember, LE does do price adjustments.

Also, stfu Mikey. Please lurk some more. Damn ballsy to be making that comment. I think that is twice you have mentioned others monetary values when it comes to purchasing clothes (remember WAYWT?) What's wrong with people trying to save a little more? ****

my point was that these clothes are already a killer deal.

and stfu about the money thing in waywt, that was just a question. kvc has had some sick fits and if he works for his money or if his parents help him out or whatever doesn't change that fact, I just wondering (were you kopping junya in college?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads