• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
From FS: Men's Clothing
mant1.JPG
mant2.JPG

All Sutor. Impolyt_one eat your heart out.

Too bad it's all for tiny footed individuals.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little gnome shoes

eternaldrake

Reaction score
im looking for slim, unlined/very thinly lined, black leather gloves that dont look like ass; does anyone have any suggestions? ~xpost from ask a question sticky~

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not looking for any sort of "thanks" or anything at all aside for this post to pass quietly in the night, but I want to say that Makeshift_Robot seems to be of above average intelligence and it is a genuine pleasure to read his postings which seem to be nearly always earnest, interesting, accurate, and well thought out. (0)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I agree. I'd like to see him and bb1 debate. I enjoy reading bb1's insightful comments.

LionelFrankenstein

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
im looking for slim, unlined/very thinly lined, black leather gloves that dont look like ass; does anyone have any suggestions? ~xpost from ask a question sticky~

I got some from Chester Jefferies the Paris model to be specific. Prepare for Isotoner/hitman/driving glove references haha

eternaldrake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LionelFrankenstein
I got some from Chester Jefferies the Paris model to be specific. Prepare for Isotoner/hitman/driving glove references haha

Hmm some of these look pretty nice, how's the quality on your Paris gloves, and what material did you get them in

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake

I have tiny hands and I only found a pair last year at club monaco of all places that actually fit

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I don't have a problem with normal people not sharing an interest for clothing but i always find it odd on a hobbyist fashion forum (and not a general honestforum safe type thing but more of an in depth niche fashion/style/clothing forum) that there are always so many people who poo poo the idea of spending money on clothes and try to break other people down for doing so. Like joining a hot rod forum and talking about how building, racing, and spending money on hot rods is a waste of time and the money could be better spent elsewhere. Generally, it comes from people who are either cheap or don't have the money or want to put in the extra time that the other poorer chaps do to make up for not spending much on clothes. edit: some energetic trolls should start joining hot rod forums and convince them to buy rick owens and raf simons. would be low to mild entertainment at least
laugh.gif

To be fair, though, this is style forum, not expensive clothing forum. They are rarely one and the same. Check out Stanley Van Buren's recent fit pics and tell me that guy's not spending close to a thousand dollars to look like an extra from High Fidelity -- a look that can be and is achieved by college students / record store employees for pennies. People who believe a $200 cotton shirt from wings + horns is inherently, objectively better than the same plaid offerings from Eddie Bauer have simply been reading this forum too long.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
People who believe a $200 cotton shirt from wings + horns is inherently, objectively better than the same plaid offerings from Eddie Bauer have simply been reading this forum too long.
Uh. Okay. Except they are objectively better. "Think" doesn't enter into it. That's what "objectively" means.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, you can believe one thing to be objectively better than another, when in reality, it is not. I like the wings + horns shirts just fine, but how anyone can believe they are better 'quality' than similarly produced shirts is beyond me. It's just marketing.

Not that I'm on a campaign against frivolous spending or anything -- (I bought a first edition Gravity's Rainbow when I already own the $10 version...that's my vice) -- it's just weird and slightly comical how self-deluding people can be regarding...garments. (How dare Sam Walton not dress in SF approved quackery? He was RICH!)

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
To be fair, though, this is style forum, not expensive clothing forum. They are rarely one and the same. Check out Stanley Van Buren's recent fit pics and tell me that guy's not spending close to a thousand dollars to look like an extra from High Fidelity -- a look that can be and is achieved by college students / record store employees for pennies.

I suppose you conveniently discount the people who spend a lot of money and look great doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads