• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
A, B or C? or none?

A if you want an old man's view.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I like those (although I also generally like cowboy boots and variations thereupon, so maybe I'm not to be trusted).

How does the zipper work? It looks like it doesn't go all the way to the top because of the pull tab.

The top of the shaft is already wide enough to insert your foot, so only the center of the shaft needs to be opened. My Cavalli boots work the same way, no troubles.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
The top of the shaft is already wide enough to insert your foot, so only the center of the shaft needs to be opened. My Cavalli boots work the same way, no troubles.

Makes sense; the only point on my Justins that makes it kind of difficult to put them on and take them off is right where the shaft meets the top of the foot. Looks like the zippers would eliminate that issue.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A, B or C? or none? A
02253M052007_1_3.jpg
02253M052007_2_3.jpg

Just so ya know this knit is pretty short, and the hand on it is very rough and scratchy; not comfortable at all. Its also super thin. I didn't like it at all in person even though the design is nice. None of the Junya knits I handled felt good at all

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it looks short and that's an issue for me. B seems a little longer on the model.

Your comment on material is saddening. I imagine the ones with cable knits sleeves or panels feel better though?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it looks short and that's an issue for me. B seems a little longer on the model.

Your comment on material is saddening. I imagine the ones with cable knits sleeves or panels feel better though?

I dunno about those. I tried on A, which has the same material as C, and a fair isle that I really liked the design of but again, didn't feel nice. I've never seen B in person so I can't comment

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uggs. For men. Yes I said it. I got a fake pair as a joke from target and they may be the most comfortable and useful things I have ever worn. I promise to never tuck anythign into them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^yes dude by all means cop and post

Junya knits aren't supposed to feel soft.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
Uggs. For men. Yes I said it. I got a fake pair as a joke from target and they may be the most comfortable and useful things I have ever worn. I promise to never tuck anythign into them.

**** no. my suitemates (males) have them. **** that ****.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
GDL those look like totally different aesthetics, A&C vs B. Given who you are clothes wise I'd go with A or C, fit obviously being determinative.

Surprising. I'd say that B is closest to my normal casual style. I also think it's the best colors and front/back pattern combo. I just don't like the hem style.

Clearly, C, being a hooded sweater, is the farthest away from my style. But I do like the way the fair isle is used. Same for A but it seems so short and I'm 6'2".

Also how can these three sweaters from the same designer, same brand, same collection be "totally different aesthetics" ? I think they are all very consistent with one another.

Thanks for all the comments btw - if these weren't so damn expensive, I would have already taken the plunge with one or the other. But the sale prices are still ludicrous right now.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Also how can these three sweaters from the same designer, same brand, same collection be "totally different aesthetics" ?
Sir I direct you to Alexander McQueen FW11 collection.

http://alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/c...1_aw_mens.aspx

I guess from what I've seen you post the colours in B don't jive. Maybe I just have the wrong impression of your fits but they seem pretty sharp (in the colour sense) and saturated. Looking at it from my own perspective I'd wear A and C with any of my Lanvins or Rafs, but not B, which I could see under my NiCo trench or Yigal bomber with boots.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
none of those are good pieces from this season, it was all about outerwear and pants as usual, knit game was lacking imo. If you want a knit get the real deal from f/w 09 off of yahoo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads