• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
I like how the general attitude of this forum is that we are somehow represent a more advanced, upper echelon of society because are willing to spend thousands of dollars on expensive clothes and endure near castration to get a good fitting pair of jeans. People value some things more than others - there are probably posters here that have wardrobes worth tens of thousands of dollars but live in tiny studio apartments with all their furniture from IKEA. Clothing, the way people on Styleforum approach it, is just a hobby. Hobbyists tend to have this childlike need to question why everybody else doesn't share their hobby, and view them as inferior for not sharing it. I don't really give a **** what other people wear - they probably have better ways to spend their money, and I'll just look better in comparison.
Lol, agreed.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how the general attitude of this forum is that we are somehow represent a more advanced, upper echelon of society because are willing to spend thousands of dollars on expensive clothes and endure near castration to get a good fitting pair of jeans. People value some things more than others - there are probably posters here that have wardrobes worth tens of thousands of dollars but live in tiny studio apartments with all their furniture from IKEA. Clothing, the way people on Styleforum approach it, is just a hobby. Hobbyists tend to have this childlike need to question why everybody else doesn't share their hobby, and view them as inferior for not sharing it. I don't really give a **** what other people wear - they probably have better ways to spend their money, and I'll just look better in comparison.
ur doing it wrong Also, I don't think people here really question why everyone else doesn't share our interest to the extent we do. People on SF don't think that everyone should go out and buy $$$ worth of Jil or something. They just wish that people would dress a little less ******. Actually as to furniture - some of the MC guys have some pretty baller homes and furniture... people in SW&D don't mostly b/c this side of the forum is generally younger and guys are still moving around a lot and so aren't yet ready to invest in nicer furniture even if they're interested in doing so

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If everyone dressed less ******, we wouldn't look so exceptionally ******* gorgeous. Amiright?
spam[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think I just lost about 25 iq points reading ctk's posts.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some interesting words

I don't really know what your point is.

People in my area tend to spend lots of money on piss beer and electronics. I'm opposed to cheap plastic ****, ugly **** made for tasteless people, and **** that will only ever lower people's standards and make the world worse. Those are the tenets of my faith. They aren't too clear or defensible.

In Bruges was a fantastic movie. For extra fun, watch it while pretending all the characters are actually the people their actors played in Harry Potter, masquerading as muggles (Colin Farrell and Jordan Prentice are two muggles who don't know what they're getting into). SPOILER: The fight between Voldemort and Mad-Eye Moody acquires just layers and layers of wizarding subtext.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
In Bruges was a fantastic movie. For extra fun, watch it while pretending all the characters are actually the people their actors played in Harry Potter, masquerading as muggles (Colin Farrell and Jordan Prentice are two muggles who don't know what they're getting into). SPOILER: The fight between Voldemort and Mad-Eye Moody acquires just layers and layers of wizarding subtext.
Before making the following comment I will draw your attention to the fact that not too long ago we had a reasonably protracted discussion about the relative quality of sountracks from various Final Fantasy games.

Now then.

This is quite simply the geekiest, nerdiest thing ever posted on styleforum.

All, please resume posting stuff about how people should generally dress better.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Before making the following comment I will draw your attention to the fact that not too long ago we had a reasonably protracted discussion about the relative quality of sountracks from various Final Fantasy games.
Last night at the thrift store where I volunteer, the soundtrack to one of the Sonic the Hedgehog games (2, maybe?) came up in the mix of however many bajillion CDs they have in rotation. It was like the part where you beat the game and they play the theme from each one of the levels in sequence. It was pretty awesome.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need more slim fit trousers in my life. also, I'm supposed to be getting a package today. ups says it is delivered but my stupid school mailroom says I have no packages
ffffuuuu.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with normal people not sharing an interest for clothing but i always find it odd on a hobbyist fashion forum (and not a general honestforum safe type thing but more of an in depth niche fashion/style/clothing forum) that there are always so many people who poo poo the idea of spending money on clothes and try to break other people down for doing so. Like joining a hot rod forum and talking about how building, racing, and spending money on hot rods is a waste of time and the money could be better spent elsewhere. Generally, it comes from people who are either cheap or don't have the money or want to put in the extra time that the other poorer chaps do to make up for not spending much on clothes. edit: some energetic trolls should start joining hot rod forums and convince them to buy rick owens and raf simons. would be low to mild entertainment at least
laugh.gif

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I don't really know what your point is.

People in my area tend to spend lots of money on piss beer and electronics. I'm opposed to cheap plastic ****, ugly **** made for tasteless people, and **** that will only ever lower people's standards and make the world worse. Those are the tenets of my faith. They aren't too clear or defensible.

Read my post again dawg, you're proving my point exactly.

To get this thread back on track: holy **** at those shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads