• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
- Seriously, what's this guy trying to prove?

He is trying to prove he is different at any costs...

He has followers on this forum and I just don't get it...

Some people need personal sartorial Jesus.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ WTF ? Why would SFers need him ? We have
foo.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ WTF ? Why would SFers need him ? We have
foo.gif

Speak for yourself on that one.

My persoanl sartorial Jesus are more Cary Grant,Marcello Mastroiani, Agnelli or Hubert de Givenchy...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thats the reason for choosing this pic instead of all others with the same message

Dexx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
5364349523_5e6a55267e_b.jpg

The upper half is ok, but nothing spectacular. The bottom half, on the other hand, is plain awful. Trouser is short and huge with horrible boots. What makes this guy outstanding are not his cloth but is face. It is a face of true character.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexx
The upper half is ok, but nothing spectacular. The bottom half, on the other hand, is plain awful. Trouser is short and huge with horrible boots. What makes this guy outstanding are not his cloth but is face. It is a face of true character.

Spot on...

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexx

Agreed!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love his boots actually.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I wept a little.

Why? Because they have NO HEEL ?
laugh.gif

Red Wind irish setter boots and similar designs have a sole like that. Classic sole design. I like. I have a pair of high RW irish setters actually.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Why? Because they have NO HEEL ?
laugh.gif

Red Wind irish setter boots and similar hunting boot designs have a sole like that. I like. I have a pair of high RW irish setters actually.

Yes, the heel is veeeery important. I remember when I was young, my mother took a pair of my favourite shoes to a cobbler for a resole, and they came back with an ugly fat flat sole. I didn't weep then, I cried. Also because she was just trying to help me. It still hurts, gdl. That must be the reason I can't stand the look of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads