• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrenTality
I mean, If you want to wear shoes that look like a horse on a diet of skittles, **** directly on your feet. By all means.

Right, and if you want to be too self-conscious to do anything but run screaming from color, feel free.

TrenTality

Reaction score
Originally Posted by plot
I see. Where can one buy these shoes? It seems like Supra doesn't actually sell shoes through their own site, only through distributors. I don't have any distributors near me (I live in Maryland). Any thoughts?

Try factory413.com

TrenTality

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
Right, and if you want to be too self-conscious to do anything but run screaming from color, feel free.

1291556652897.jpg

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool post bro. Anyway, I'm about to buy something, because birthday money. It's between these three:
5983927.jpg
shiftrs-blue-shc1037-latful.jpg
sd1006-white-duo-full.jpg
In order, Creative Recreation Solano, Heyday Shift RS, Heyday Super Deb The Solano is the cheapest at 75, the RS next at 80, and the Super Deb for 115. Thoughts? Anyone got a preference or pure hate for all of them?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creative Recs look great in product photos, disappointing in real life. Not familiar with Heyday but those look nice.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Creative Recs look great in product photos, disappointing in real life. Not familiar with Heyday but those look nice.

Yeah I've read similar. I wanted to see some in person, but the places I went today were out of stock. :/

I've been browsing non-stop since I posted this (natch) and have since expanded my options and removed the Creative Recs from the running. I'm really digging a shitload of Heyday's stuff.

shuft-grey-org-duo-full.jpg

ss1001-white-duo-full.jpg

80 and 85, respectively.

The Super Shifts (the white ones) are normally $140, but I found 'em on sale (I think a season or two old, but hardly distinguishable from the picture I posed) for $85, so I'm tempted. I'm always just a tiny bit leery of all-white high tops, though.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the Shifts in ballistic black nylon. One of my favorite shoes. The memory foam footbed is comfortable as all hell. Sizing is a little odd. I typically wear 10.5-11, I wear a 10 in heyday.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I kind of like the looks of the Heyday Super Shifts, although I'd probably go with something other than all-white.

Some of the Creative Recreations look ok (never seen in person), but the visible branding ruins the shoe for me.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was gonna buy the heyday gunmentals, but they are huge shoes. Dunno if I like their size.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
I've got the Shifts in ballistic black nylon. One of my favorite shoes. The memory foam footbed is comfortable as all hell. Sizing is a little odd. I typically wear 10.5-11, I wear a 10 in heyday.

The shifts or the super shifts?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
The shifts or the super shifts?

Shifts. I wanted the supershifts, ordered the wrong damn ones, but it's alright, these are fun enough to keep around.
smile.gif

kinkbmxco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coco2010
are some (the leather ones in particular) PF Flyers worth their over $100 price tag?
http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=22...985_7_15_MV_-1

thoughts?

I got some brown leather albins a couple months ago for like $70. I don't think I would want to spend $115 on them though. I think these shoes are constructed pretty well though, they are MUCH superior than the build quality on my Jack Purcells and they seem like they would last a long time.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Anyone knows Byblos sneakers? I cant seem to find them anywhere.
byblos_image_1_nu_A6131839.jpg

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coco2010
just bought a pair in 12, hopefully they run tts.
Do those GATs fit tts? How's the quality? Oh, and does anyone know how the quality is on those GATs on German ebay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads