• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
I don't think it is going to settle enough to become a great time keeper, but it is very common for new movements to "settle". I would wait for a few weeks before doing anything rash.
Thanks! Ye i dont expect it to be a great time keeper without some regulation, which I plan to do. I was just wondering if there might be something wrong with the movement that a regulation simply can't fix, since 40 seconds seems to be out of the acceptable range for the 2824-2.

vbuskirk

Reaction score
Just be careful that, if you regulate it before it settles in, you may end up with a slow watch. He's not pulling your leg about the break-in period for new movements.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Recently added a brown strap to my Parnis. Rather like it.

P1010807.jpg

P1010814.jpg

Lawlz.

sephlod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Switched my Chronoscope to a vintage green Zenith strap for something different:

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Where can you buy a Max Bill Chronoscope in NA? I thought they were only sold in EU?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sephlod
Where can you buy a Max Bill Chronoscope in NA? I thought they were only sold in EU?

If you do a Google Shopping search, you'll actually find quite a few NA retailers. However, I did in the end buy mine through an EU retailer and have the watch shipped here, as it ended up being cheaper than buying in NA.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
If you do a Google Shopping search, you'll actually find quite a few NA retailers. However, I did in the end buy mine through an EU retailer and have the watch shipped here, as it ended up being cheaper than buying in NA.
Really? I would have thought that with the Euro conversion it would have ended up being more expensive. You mind me asking who you bought from overseas?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yay or nay guys? discuss
Master-Moon.jpg

LeeReynolds

Reaction score
I don't have a picture of my Vostok, so here is someone else's.

Mine looks exactly like this one:

021vt8.jpg

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
yay or nay guys? discuss
Master-Moon.jpg

I love this. The lines are clean and classic, and the moonphase is my favorite complication from an aesthetic perspective. The hour markers work well, and despite what others may say 37mm is in the sweet spot for timeless proportions.

The only adjustment I would have made would be to place the seconds hand within the moonphase aperture, but as is this is certainly a handsome timepiece.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thought the case size was 39mm? Yeah I agree, I really like it. The watch looks very elegant and the size doesn't bother me at all. I use to think most Pateks were too small, but after trying them on a few time, I'm glad they make most of their watches under 40mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics