• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think a more appropriate question would be why aren't all other shoemakers increasing 5% every year like clockwork. I don't like companies that think they are impervious to the market.

Edward Green just increased prices too fwiw.

I'm sure other main stream brands do it on a yearly basis too. Back when I worked with more main stream brands such as Mephisto and J&M, yearly price increases were normal.

cimabue

Reaction score
I actually had this conversation with the local Alden guy a month ago. Basically he said Alden is in the luxury goods category, and when I said, "Yeah but how many people are gonna spend $700 on some shoes?", he said, "How many guys will spend $200 on a pair of shoes? Alden knows their buyer."

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yuketen raised prices too

its the economy plus all the commodities like cotton corn oil blablabla are all more expensive

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Edward Green just increased prices too fwiw. I'm sure other main stream brands do it on a yearly basis too. Back when I worked with more main stream brands such as Mephisto and J&M, yearly price increases were normal.
The point I'm arguing is that it's not a planned occurrence integrated in their model within a short cycle like alden.
Originally Posted by cimabue
I actually had this conversation with the local Alden guy a month ago. Basically he said Alden is in the luxury goods category, and when I said, "Yeah but how many people are gonna spend $700 on some shoes?", he said, "How many guys will spend $200 on a pair of shoes? Alden knows their buyer."
I think they need to re-evaluate their stance. Their core customer is not really the rich ass dudes who can afford anything.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yuketen raised prices too its the economy plus all the commodities like cotton corn oil blablabla are all more expensive
Have you worked a day in your life rkd?
lol8[1].gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Have you worked a day in your life rkd?
lol8[1].gif

lol yes retail through college at a local indie/streetwear gig biglaw firm this past summer (summer associate) and currently working at the SEC since sept (unpaid though) edit: essentially fortunate to have family with deep pockets ... but ur point being?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
lol yes retail through college at a local indie/streetwear gig biglaw firm this past summer (summer associate) and currently working at the SEC since sept (unpaid though) edit: essentially fortunate to have family with deep pockets ... but ur point being?
This was my point so it's easy for you to be an alden apologist. Your parents are baller as **** so it doesn't matter if the prices keep going up indefinitely as you will still be able to afford them. *edit- all good homie

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh well, i wasnt defending their price increases ... believe it or not im actually upset about it too

lol but my parents might have money but they dont share the wealth all that much ... just support me. the rest of my spending comes from saving up
fistbump.gif

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Looking great Mac, as usual. Do you really only use paste wax for polish every 15 wears? That is some shine and luster you got there.

thank you
minimum of 18 wearings before applying wax

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninja07
Don't see many of these around here from what I can recall. Cigar shell WT Boots. Pics taken in different light conditions. Love the colour tonality.

5355981498_83ecbb3154.jpg

5355981314_9a5216ed86.jpg

Oh, and since I'm wearing these most of the time, I've got some Indy 405s for sale. Check my sig/PM me if you are interested.

good looking boots

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
brand new #8 WT Boots today. First shots, in 3 different lightings:

color8_3.jpg

Thanks to the good people at ShoeMart !

enjoy wearing!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
28ta38.jpg

ravello wt boots

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
28ta38.jpg

ravello wt boots

Mac, can you please post up a pair of whiskey boots next to these? I want to see how much the colors differ. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads