• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos Bank Sale-Suits $177

Nogginn

Reaction score
http://tinyurl.com/4qlzot6
2nd one for $57

These look like really good wool suits. You can get 6 suits for $700. Just perfect for the executive starting out.
worship.gif

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And at these prices, they are still making a profit. Wonder what's their cost of goods.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it just me or are we having an overabundance of jab threads, do you think they are telling their customers to overpower SF?

Nogginn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
is it just me or are we having an overabundance of jab threads, do you think they are telling their customers to overpower SF?

I have never bought anything at Bank and probably never will and just accidently noticed their site. But I think that the suits look good for some boy just starting out and who only may be earning $100k a yr. He can't be wasting all of his money on clothes and $500 shoes until he at least is earning $300-500K a yr. And what young guy just getting by on $50k a yr can afford $800 BB suits? Unless he lives in mommy's basement with free room and board.
Generally, people spend about 2% of their income on clothes so if your income is $1m a yr you can spend $20k on clothes.
And btw, I'm talking about new clothes here not some 10 year old dried out and chewed by the dog Lobbs that someone found in a garbage bin and sells on ebay for 50 bucks to some young idiot lol

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogginn
http://tinyurl.com/4qlzot6
2nd one for $57

These look like really good wool suits. You can get 6 suits for $700. Just perfect for the executive starting out.
worship.gif

The "executive starting out"? Haven't most people who have acquired the title of "executive" been at their chosen field for a while? Anyhoo, as to JAB, I'm sure its great for someone truly starting out with no work clothes and a small salary; however, someone making over $100k/year should know better.

Nogginn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidrothchild
The "executive starting out"? Haven't most people who have acquired the title of "executive" been at their chosen field for a while?
No.

Anyhoo, as to JAB, I'm sure its great for someone truly starting out with no work clothes and a small salary; however, someone making over $100k/year should know better.

And I said that Bank's was for a low salary eg $100k per annum. You can't spend all of your money on clothes at that level and besides should be saving at least $20k a yr.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take a used quality suit over a JAB suit any day. (assuming the suit is in great condition) There are risks to doing this, but I've been very lucky thus far. It has been my experience that there are better suits for your money here in the B/S forum.

Just my .02

P.S. What kind of executive is just starting out/doesn't own suits?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogginn
I have never bought anything at Bank and probably never will and just accidently noticed their site. But I think that the suits look good for some boy just starting out and who only may be earning $100k a yr. He can't be wasting all of his money on clothes and $500 shoes until he at least is earning $300-500K a yr. And what young guy just getting by on $50k a yr can afford $800 BB suits? Unless he lives in mommy's basement with free room and board.
Generally, people spend about 2% of their income on clothes so if your income is $1m a yr you can spend $20k on clothes.
And btw, I'm talking about new clothes here not some 10 year old dried out and chewed by the dog Lobbs that someone found in a garbage bin and sells on ebay for 50 bucks to some young idiot lol

ha, nice troll work here.

Even "poor" folks with only a $100k per year income can afford better suits than the nonsense at JAB

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suits in question are from JAB's "Executive" line, which, I think, is their cheapest. As I have often remarked, the Signature Gold at a steep discount can be a decent buy.

Wish I'd gotten into some line of work where I could have had a $100K a year starting salary! I suspect such jobs are few and far between. Why should anyone be limited to spending 2% of their annual income on clothes? Isn't it a matter of priorities?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

Even "poor" folks with only a $100k per year income can afford better suits than the nonsense at JAB

I didn't realize I was po and just starting out. Time to re evaluate.
plain.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

He joined today and has close to 20 posts already. The troll is working hard!

Originally Posted by JLibourel
Why should anyone be limited to spending 2% of their annual income on clothes? Isn't it a matter of priorities?

x2

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when did 100k per year become poor?

i dont think there is any set amount of money to spent on clothing based on your income, everybody has their indulgences for some its clothes for others hookers and drugs

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
plain.gif

yes, obviously only broke people starting out make $100k or less.

I mean dammit, without a $300k-$500k income, you'll probably need to shop at walmart.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
plain.gif

Once you figure in the 20K in food stamps you're eligible for if you're only making 100K, it's not quite as bleak.
teacha.gif

ns7

Reaction score
I think they also have Signature Gold suits on sale, which is actually good value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads