• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long after interview?

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
As a hiring manager, for me, a phone call shows effort in trying to get the job. An e-mail is simpler and shows less commitment. Most people in a hiring manager's position tend to have overflowing e-mail boxes and so there's a chance it'll be missed.

Not saying an e-mail doesn't work, but it's one more thing that could reduce your chances - rather like opting to not wear a suit & tie to the interview.

That's one of the more absurd things I've read on this site - and that's saying a lot.
worship.gif

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Finally got in touch with HR today. She called to say they had good feedback about me and wanted to know details that would affect comp and relocation package -- current base/bonus, apartment, car, dependents...I assume this is a good sign.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best of luck!

katiedaddy

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a good sign to me. I have an interview with big 4 next Thursday and I am scared shitless because I have keen ability to offend interviewer, probably explains why I am stuck with same company for 4 yrs now.. Fingers crossed as I really want to get this one..

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a big interview yesterday, flown up to Portland for the day w/ rental car. ( a good sign)
Interview went great, they kept hyping up the benfits and lifestyle, left off with "we will be talking soon"
Should I follow up today, or wait till Monday? Is "talk soon" a good indicator?

I also accepted another offer the day before but the Portland one is much better and came out of left field after i had practically accepted first offer. If Portland offers, i will take it, and basically burn my bridge at first offer, which im ok with because i wouldn't have to look back - do you guys see this happening often?

Thanks, im a big dog interview n00b

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
I had a big interview yesterday, flown up to Portland for the day w/ rental car. ( a good sign)
Interview went great, they kept hyping up the benfits and lifestyle, left off with "we will be talking soon"
Should I follow up today, or wait till Monday? Is "talk soon" a good indicator?

I also accepted another offer the day before but the Portland one is much better and came out of left field after i had practically accepted first offer. If Portland offers, i will take it, and basically burn my bridge at first offer, which im ok with because i wouldn't have to look back - do you guys see this happening often?

Thanks, im a big dog interview n00b

By follow up, you mean a thank you? That should be done no more than 24 hours after the interview, in my opinion.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
****, these people are killing me. Told me their "process" was "held up" by the "snowstorm" and now I'll hear sometime Tuesday.

Does anyone here have an idea what's going on? Interviews wrapped up almost a week ago, so they've definitely made a decision by now. My thoughts are: A) I'm on the shortlist, but they're waiting to hear back from someone to whom they've already extended an offer; B) The fact I'm not a U.S. citizen and also require a relocation package means they want to have everything 100% in place for when they offer me a job.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had an interview today and asked the interviewer how long it would be until a decision is made. She said it "takes time," that I'm the first person they've interviewed, could be a week or several weeks. I can't take the waiting, it is seriously toxic.
ffffuuuu.gif

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BC2012
By follow up, you mean a thank you? That should be done no more than 24 hours after the interview, in my opinion.

So i found out last night i got the portland job, after my 2nd interview I got my results in 24hrs. Entire process 1 week.
Im fuckin moving from sunny socal to portland. This is nuts. I wouldn't want to make that move but its a dream position.

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
So i found out last night i got the portland job, after my 2nd interview I got my results in 24hrs. Entire process 1 week.
Im fuckin moving from sunny socal to portland. This is nuts. I wouldn't want to make that move but its a dream position.

Congratz!

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
****, these people are killing me. Told me their "process" was "held up" by the "snowstorm" and now I'll hear sometime Tuesday.

Does anyone here have an idea what's going on? Interviews wrapped up almost a week ago, so they've definitely made a decision by now. My thoughts are: A) I'm on the shortlist, but they're waiting to hear back from someone to whom they've already extended an offer; B) The fact I'm not a U.S. citizen and also require a relocation package means they want to have everything 100% in place for when they offer me a job.

probably a

gilwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I had an interview today and asked the interviewer how long it would be until a decision is made. She said it "takes time," that I'm the first person they've interviewed, could be a week or several weeks. I can't take the waiting, it is seriously toxic.
ffffuuuu.gif

Did they ask you what your worst quality was?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Did they ask you what your worst quality was?

I would have replied "My existence."

In retrospect, I answered some questions poorly, but I think overall I charmed her. My job history is perfectly suited to the job...so here's hoping.

gilwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I would have replied "My existence."

lol - that might do the trick! Witty, but no offensive. Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads