• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Stripes - Who did it best? VOTE!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
voted for wsanford, had i realized it was mutiple choice would have have given a shout to spoo as well. anyway good showing fellas!

wsanford-shanghai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I voted for yfyf as well, although my winner is wsanford-shanghai with the peak lapels and lapelled waistcoat. He definitely looks the business.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I was hoping to vote for Tibor. Now, I really don't know. I think I will give the new guy my vote....great first appearance. Mike

Originally Posted by in stitches
voted for wsanford, had i realized it was mutiple choice would have have given a shout to spoo as well. anyway good showing fellas!

Wow, 34 votes! Thats much better than I had anticipated. Thanks guys, its means alot to even be considered amongst a group of such well dressed gents.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wsanford-shanghai
Wow, 34 votes! Thats much better than I had anticipated. Thanks guys, its means alot to even be considered amongst a group of such well dressed gents.

This post make me happy.
smile.gif

East2West

Reaction score
I really like TC's attire here. He got my vote!

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough choice between yfyf and Spoo! This time Spoo just hit it spot on. So my vote goes to Spoo. My props go yfyf for pure modern elegance.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Tibor!

We dont have a Friday contest this week as there was a break before Mike won the contest to pick this... should we just take a pass, or does anyone have a suggestion?

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks Tibor!

We dont have a Friday contest this week as there was a break before Mike won the contest to pick this... should we just take a pass, or does anyone have a suggestion?

Your welcome.
smile.gif
Can I enter this same suit again in a different contest even though it is pinstripes?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Your welcome.
smile.gif
Can I enter this same suit again in a different contest even though it is pinstripes?

Sure... as long as it fits the theme of whichever contest you are entering.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Sure... as long as it fits the theme of whichever contest you are entering.

Can we have a dress in your own style inspired by a famous Political leader(with written details of satorial influence) challenge? Maybe 1900-2010

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I get a spam bot vote?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the few contests where I don't see a few bad fails...most likely down to the fact that stripes are easy to look passable in a suit. I think Yfyf has the look (and the contest) nailed, but my vote went to orgetorix, who I'm surprised didn't get more love for his look. He had stripes in his suit, shirt and tie, and easily could have looked "too much", but balanced just right...at least thats what I see.

Even Thin White Duke, with the over the top regatta blazer looks OK (well, he looks better than the 8 year old Mackem who tried to kill the Newcastle keeper anyway).

A week w/out a challenge? WTF, Certainly someone can think of something!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we can easily cook up a Friday theme on the fly.

Velvet?

Mike

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why no Friday challenge?

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
One of the few contests where I don't see a few bad fails...most likely down to the fact that stripes are easy to look passable in a suit. I think Yfyf has the look (and the contest) nailed, but my vote went to orgetorix, who I'm surprised didn't get more love for his look. He had stripes in his suit, shirt and tie, and easily could have looked "too much", but balanced just right...at least thats what I see.

Thanks, Rob!

I guess I'm still uncertain as to the guidelines for these challenges. Is it "best use of [theme]?" Or "best outfit that incorporates [theme]?" It's a subtle but important distinction. My fit this time was aimed more at the former--seeing how I could combine stripes harmoniously. Had I been aiming at the latter, I'd probably have worn at least one fewer striped pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads