• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Deco Range 2010

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855

I guess Saphir has about 2 pairs of shoes thats why he is hung up on gemming etc.

laugh.gif

Me have many pair to last many lifetime,
close to triple figures and all midend to highend.
boxing[1].gif

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
laugh.gif

Me have many pair to last many lifetime,
close to triple figures and all midend to highend.
boxing[1].gif

You need to buy a red asian rug and start taking pics.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree, the shape is good, they will look better in the flesh I am sure. I look forward to seeing in the flesh next month

you're already sold to a kind of flashy styles.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
underground-gibson-winkle-pickers-2154-170-1239279344000.jpg

GGBS1.jpg

i would think something simular to these/ this as the sq2 one is the first, then i wold look the round one

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula
A number of round minarets that British men wear on their feet in the name of "quality shoes" is a case in point.
Better a shoe to fit proper.

These new Deco shoes have a phenomenal shape. Highly desirable, elegant to the eye.
Will these fancy last shoes fit average foot,
or is it more style than reality?

Fit first.
Substance second.

Me do like look of G&G Deco,
but it priority is questionable.
Me shrug shoulders at this thread but understand the beauty,
but beauty without substance seem very very silly.
Best me leave this thread.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Metroboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
Better a shoe to fit proper.

Will these fancy last shoes fit average foot,
or is it more style than reality?

Fit first.
Substance second.

I know that the DECO Last is supposed to have a simular fit to the old last(TG, DG, GG .....)
The angles going in the forepart of the shoe is basicly the same but there has been some length added to it to make it sharper and narrower in front.

Insole is gemmed.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I was the one who snapped the picture above while at their stand at Pitti this year (it is from the Armoury tumblr) so.

can you post any more pictures if you have them please?

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Having spoken to Tony. He assures me these shoes are of the absolute highest quality, far superior to anything non full bespoke from anyone else. He said that they are better made than most other bespoke shoes with the exception of maybe a few top makers.

He understands the style is not for everyone but Tony thrives on pushing the limits. The production cost for these shoes is high due to the hand work involved, the only way to get the waist as tight as this is to do all the knife carving of the welt by hand and the sole made by hand , although some parts may still be machine stitched. Its still half the cost of bespoke so you can not have it all done by hand. This is the closest you can get to it

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
\tHaving spoken to Tony. He assures me these shoes are of the absolute highest quality, far superior to anything non full bespoke from anyone else. He said that they are better made than most other bespoke shoes with the exception of maybe a few top makers.
I think I'd like to put him into into a fight vs. Silvano Lattanzi. Anyway, Lattanzi has proven to be really top notch, while I know a retailer who cancelled his G&G order because what he received was noticably beyond what they showed him as samples. That was quite some time ago, right after they started their rtw line though. That said, I have never had (or actively aspired to have, just personal stylistic preference) a G&G shoe in my hands. The statement you received just strikes me as a little too hoipolloi...espescially after I wandered around the Pitti in order to hear that (almost) everything from everyone is so 100% handmade that it's kind of a 150% product in the end.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having spoken to Tony. He assures me these shoes are of the absolute highest quality, far superior to anything non full bespoke from anyone else.
Really?
facepalm.gif

What about Lattanzi, Vass and other good made rtw shoe?
Me think Tony doesn't know what he talk about.
G&G Deco have [me believe] hand carved waist and inseamed by hand,
but sole still gemmed.
How can gemmed sole be superior to anything non bespoke?

He said that they are better made than most other bespoke shoes with the exception of maybe a few top makers.
Eventhough the sole is gemmed?
facepalm.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For the prices of these I can get two pairs of Ugolini bespoke in exotic leathers. wut wut?!!?!?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads