• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Times Article on StyleForum

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
bodybuilding.com got bought by Liberty Media a couple years ago (06 maybe), ever since then the site went down hill in a big way; although it probably peaked around 02-04. Now it's just a prepubescent clusterfuck of misinformation by people who don't lift.

The whole "rep" thing was what soured it for me.

All the good members got bought out by free supplements and became biased.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
The whole "rep" thing was what soured it for me.

All the good members got bought out by free supplements and became biased.

That was probably the beginning of the end. I was really soured when they sold out their members to a certain supplement company who in turn filed law suits against the members for writing less than favorable reviews of their products.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, I thought their annual supplement awards meant something. Oh well,

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was probably the beginning of the end. I was really soured when they sold out their members to a certain supplement company who in turn filed law suits against the members for writing less than favorable reviews of their products.

That was a bad deal. There was a surprising amount of drama on that board. I still enjoyed it when PA came to visit
stirpot.gif

Originally Posted by entrero
Geez, I thought their annual supplement awards meant something. Oh well,

Haha they don't mean much. It seems like BSN and all the other companies with big marketing budgets still do better than anyone else. I do like the number rating system for the supplements. Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but it is helpful.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
I still enjoyed it when PA came to visit
stirpot.gif

Hahaha ****
laugh.gif
I remember when PA used to post before he went to jail, those were the days.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha ****
laugh.gif
I remember when PA used to post before he went to jail, those were the days.

He came back after, it seemed like he was constantly being banned for something or another. I loved how he would test for ingredients in products, but could never tell us what they were even when they could have been dangerous and/or were lying about what was in them. Meh I prefer SF over bb.com any day. (even though everyone here is afraid of squats
devil.gif
)

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There is always a slight dip after Christmas (or has been for the last 6 years I've been tracking, in any case). We are working on ways to make the forum more attractive to high quality posters like F Corbera and Manton. We are doing well, but never want to get complacent.

Fok - just curious, when does traffic begin to pick up usually? And are there times in the year when traffic peaks?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Fok - just curious, when does traffic begin to pick up usually? And are there times in the year when traffic peaks?

Still trying to find a proper answer to this question....

bing

Reaction score
what up with all the spam?

It's pretty terrible for a forum this size... add some mods to address or something..

sorry, didnt know where else to put this
smile.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bing
what up with all the spam?

It's pretty terrible for a forum this size... add some mods to address or something..

sorry, didnt know where else to put this
smile.gif

Dude, it's a Sunday. They are with their families.

bing

Reaction score
i've only been registered for like 30 days and i'm already not letting my family get in the way of styleforum... dudes need to man-up

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i've only been registered for like 30 days and i'm already not letting my family get in the way of styleforum... dudes need to man-up

uhoh.gif

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

I spent last night having dinner with a bunch of family members. It was at another person's house, some late Christmas presents were exchanged, and I got to see my niece.

Came back and saw that I missed out on a pair of Mabitex pants I really wanted.

Never again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads