• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple Cider Vinegar/Honey/Garlic

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got to get back into a daily shot of this. My 92 year old uncle swears by it, and I used to take daily shots of it...anyone else use this or any other homeopathic agent in their daily routine?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Got to get back into a daily shot of this. My 92 year old uncle swears by it, and I used to take daily shots of it...anyone else use this or any other homeopathic agent in their daily routine?

Placebo effect goes a long way.

300zx1985

Reaction score
I do a tablespoon of honey every morning, love it. I'd imagine that concoction would taste pretty horribly... how long did it take to get used too?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 300zx1985
I do a tablespoon of honey every morning, love it. I'd imagine that concoction would taste pretty horribly... how long did it take to get used too?

About a week. I tried today for the first time in years, just put too much vinegar today, 2 tablespoons, a touch of honey and 1/2 clove garlic.

As far as it being bullshit, each of the three have been used for thousands of years as their own individual remedy. Honey is a natural anti-biotic, garlic a natural decongestant (as is ginger). Not sure about the ACV.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What's the purpose of this concoction?

If you mix up these concoction and you rub it on the testicule, it give the fire back to this testicule and it gain for you the wild energies like wild sexual energies to make love to a womans using the strength of a goat.

Kark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
About a week. I tried today for the first time in years, just put too much vinegar today, 2 tablespoons, a touch of honey and 1/2 clove garlic.

As far as it being bullshit, each of the three have been used for thousands of years as their own individual remedy. Honey is a natural anti-biotic, garlic a natural decongestant (as is ginger). Not sure about the ACV.

I looked into apple cider vinegar some time ago because it was suggested as a cure to sinus infections that I was suffering recurrences of. At the time I'd looked into it, it had been tested many ways for many things on many occasions by reputable institutions and none of the research indicated it was anything more than what it is labelled as.
Vinegar.
Still, all manner of Alt-health practitioner and alt health web sites offer it as a "cure" for everything from sinus infections to rotten teeth, and virtually any G.I. distress so for ***** n giggles I tried it anyway. It didn't do anything more than make my face twist up at the taste.
So, I'll suggest that ultimately the longevity of false information shouldn't be used as a means of redefining it into valid information.

After all humans believed in Zeus, Apollo, the underworld and that the world was flat for quite some time. Didn't make it so..

Veracity aside though, if you really want to ingest it you might as well make it tolerable. Like as the dressing for an apple quinoi salad or something.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Placebo effect goes a long way.

Amazingly it still works even if you know it's a placebo. Garlic is good for you, however.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is it depends what you are using it for.

Honey if its local is great to take for hay fever, helps build up resistance I take it about a month before spring along with horseradish tablets.

Garlic is good for the blood, its a diuretic and ginger is also very good for the system. But then I eat a lot of curries, so. I would use a large bulb a week in cooking.

Apple cider vinegar is a good digestief and I use it with salads.

Yogurt as long as it has ABC cultures in is also good for the gut.

But most of all eat a healthy diet and exercise that's the best tonic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads