• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Welcome and be sure to check out the alden thread below.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil
Russell Moccasin Cavaliers in french veal.

Russellboots1.jpg

Russellboots2.jpg

Now selling:

http://shop.ebay.com/calaudiopile/m....&_trksid=p3686

hoyboss

Reaction score
Greeting all,

Been a big fan of Russell Mocs for quite some time and had been slowly saving up the cash to order a pair though I did not know which pair I was going to get. Finally settled on the Thula Thula PH with a few options including the Vibram Newporter sole, double vamp, and leather lined uppers.

A few thoughts on the process thus far:

- If you are on the fence about ordering, request a catalog. It has all the colors/options for each boot and their perfect fit measuring system.

- So far, their customer service has not left me wanting. Understand, delivery from when they get your order can take up to 18 weeks. I am leaving for a trip the beginning of next month so I ordered mine with the extra $50 rush order. I placed my order about a month ago and the projected delivery date is April 23rd.
Before ordering, I had several questions and Patty was very quick with an e-mail response. Never waiting more than a day. Even after the order was placed and I wanted something changed, she was quick to let me know that it was possible and that she had taken care of it for me.

Now I am anxiously awaiting for them to arrive. I will definitely pst pictures as soon as they arrive.

Cheers!

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This thread needs way more pics.

It does, so here's a contribution of a couple shots of my Chukkas in tan chromexcel leather and an old shot of my Hikers in brown Horween Navigator leather.

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

I've also got a green chamois short PH in the works. I think I'll do an updated family shot of my Russells when it arrives.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^hikers are awesome george

i had something in the works but I've postponed indefinitely for now until i get some play money

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, those chukkas are amazing in Chromexcel, I love them.

I picked up the chukka in the standard leather at the shop last weekend and I'm really these boots. The leather doesn't look as good as those though. Were those a custom order you made or something that a store did a run of?

Curious_George

Reaction score
They were custom. And I agree about the chromexcel leather. After I had the chukkas made in it I was wishing I could afford to re-order some Hikers in the same leather.

goldenbraid

Reaction score
Positive experience here. 2 pairs bought so far--one off the shelf and one custom. The custom pair took about 7 weeks i think. Worth the wait. Prices are reasonable and I like that they don't charge extra for custom.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Did sizing work out the same for you on both? I'm curious how different the lasts look between the two as well if such a thing is noticeable at all.

cimabue

Reaction score
Have owned the Imperials and Snake Boots. Fantastic quality. Treat yourself.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
pump this post. someone post some damn progress pictures of the ac sport chukka, thula thula, or oneida moc. thanks.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i know some of you have russell mocs...dont be so lazy and take some pictures so i can see how they wear.

NateReady

Reaction score
I bought a pair of hikers in red brown navigator. Even with the rush the boots took over two months to arrive. But it was worth the wait. They are beautiful and extraordinarily comfortable. Overall, I had a positive experience with the customer service. They were quite responsive.

kalanigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NateReady
I bought a pair of hikers in red brown navigator. Even with the rush the boots took over two months to arrive. But it was worth the wait. They are beautiful and extraordinarily comfortable. Overall, I had a positive experience with the customer service. They were quite responsive.

^^Please post pics!!!^^these sound great!

Is the current turnaround time still 3-4 months? Looking to pick up some Hikers for year round Northwest hiking weather.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kalanigee
^^Please post pics!!!^^these sound great!

Is the current turnaround time still 3-4 months? Looking to pick up some Hikers for year round Northwest hiking weather.

5 months. i confirmed last week.

they will be restocking the chukka in all sizes in the next four weeks. but anything custom is at least 5 months out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads