• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great find on that coat G00!
5359284684_e0c0d6fa53_z.jpg
Starting to snow
frown.gif
Edit: Nice to teger as well!

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like it kvc, but like most of your fits, i think itd look much better without the cuffs. i know its how the visvim lookbooks etc do it but i dont think its very flattering on you. i also think looser hems would be better for it, for example i think this is dope:
35cho55.jpg

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kvc,
looks like you're really coming into your own style-wise. Similar pieces to a few months back but its all coming together better.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
my 'aesthetic' is exactly what jd_may and people are railing against: I wear simple, boring pieces of high quality.
This is a massive exaggeration, look again. I said it looks good. I probably have more W+H and NDG than you do, and wear it on the regular, just grab it out of the closet and go. Ends up looking a lot like what you just posted. But I rarely take a pic and post that stuff. I just don't think in terms of contribution to this thread it's as anywhere near as good as someone who tries a bunch of different stuff with some strikeouts, some near-misses and the occasional one out of the park. Your advice to snowman is probably better for purposes of making snowman look acceptably good on a day to day basis, mine is more about enjoyment of a waywt thread.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
G0079 that duffle is awesome. Like really nice. I thought it was a toj at first and then saw the neck guard. Really good find! Colour is perfect.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Great coat. Duffles were designed to be worn slightly large and IMO look much better that way. Nice outfit altogether.

Thanks, I feel like Obi Wan Kenobi when I wear this thing.

Originally Posted by user7
I also say don't post less because of the haters. I enjoy your posts, it's the endless hate that's annoying and should be cut back.
+1

I've caught some tough love here on a couple fits, and while they sting, it's part of a learning experience. Even when you're getting bashed, it's kind of helpful...like with the glasses thing.
teacha.gif
As long as it's constructive and not just hating. Also, some people just aren't going to dig your aesthetic choices because they come at fashion from a different corner. Disregard Trads - Acquire KVA.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
This is a massive exaggeration, look again. I said it looks good. I probably have more W+H and NDG than you do, and wear it on the regular, just grab it out of the closet and go. Ends up looking a lot like what you just posted. But I rarely take a pic and post that stuff. I just don't think in terms of contribution to this thread it's as anywhere near as good as someone who tries a bunch of different stuff with some strikeouts, some near-misses and the occasional one out of the park. Your advice to snowman is probably better for purposes of making snowman look acceptably good on a day to day basis, mine is more about enjoyment of a waywt thread.

i just feel that someone should look good on a daily basis before they venture into the whole crazy piece game. you're a good example of this - started with nice pieces that fit, then slowly picked up a lot more weird ****

homies gotta live in the real world, you know?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
kvc,
looks like you're really coming into your own style-wise. Similar pieces to a few months back but its all coming together better.

Thanks
smile.gif

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Great find on that coat G00!
5359284684_e0c0d6fa53_z.jpg

Starting to snow
frown.gif

Edit: Nice to teger as well!

I don't regularly check WAYWT and hardly ever bother to catch up on previous pages if I do, which entails that I probably miss a lot of your (out)fits, but that's definitely my favorite so far. Everything fits great and compliments each other well. Even the cuffs work this time. In all fairness it must be said that the different angle plays into your hands ( or rather your LEGS ) and makes it probably look better than I would as viewed from the front....

I disagree with lmaozedong. You own that namby-pamby boy in the pic...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i just feel that someone should look good on a daily basis before they venture into the whole crazy piece game. you're a good example of this - started with nice pieces that fit, then slowly picked up a lot more weird ****
homies gotta live in the real world, you know?

[chasingred]Unless you're Uncontrol.[/chasingred]

Honestly, if he took his MMM overdye jeans, didn't boot tuck, paired with any random button up and he has a couple of nice pieces of outerwear he has a pretty muted uniform already in the closet. I prefer he post what he does than that though. Although it would be nice to see the OCCASIONAL attempt to do something interesting and unique NOT involving boot tuck.

In honour of snowmanxl, a hastily taken OUTfit picTURE incorporating some offbeat pieces that I'm not sure quite work for me, but whatever. The knit is ribbed and in between the ribs are synthetic fibers that kind of make it look metallic.

Nom de Guerre / Helmut Lang / Helmut Lang / MMM

Click for flash to see paint on the jeans and boots (except flash makes it WAY more obvious on the jeans than it actually looks in natural light).

G0079

Reaction score
R that is ******* rad. Love the all out top-bottom contrast.
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
it's bright out
waywrn014.jpg

Epaulet Levis 511 cords Keds

I always wonder what you'd look like in purposefully slouchy, oversized outfits. I feel like they'd work better for your body type. You've got your aesthetic nailed, though. I like what you did with the cuffs to kill the break.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
best ar six fit, top could be little bigger but that's nitpicky

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nom de Guerre / Helmut Lang / Helmut Lang / MMM

Click for flash to see paint on the jeans and boots (except flash makes it WAY more obvious on the jeans than it actually looks in natural light).

Alt view is as dope as it gets, although the pants are a tad too extreme for my liking. I have a fairly similiar pair of white painted MMMs which are a bit more low-key. Are those MMM boots still available somewhere ( online ) ?

EDIT:

(except flash makes it WAY more obvious on the jeans than it actually looks in natural light).

Overlooked this...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Negative. They got put on clearance by some UK store, I posted in "someone should kop" thinking they'd be too small, onion kopped and didn't wear them, so I just said to hell with it and bought them. They're snug because low volume, but comfortable.

The paint's not really very extreme imo, like I said flash exaggerates it a lot, but the cut definitely is. They're pretty damned skinny ("painted on" joke intentionally sidestepped). If ski season ends up bulking my legs I won't be able to fit them.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
it's bright out

waywrn014.jpg

Epaulet
Levis 511 cords
Keds

I like it. Nice color.
Maybe add a half roll to your sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads