• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fair enough lol

again, I have no problem with his posts, just trying to help.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Even if one in ten is like "damn, that actually works well", that's better than 10 consistent and unoffensive desert boot - raw denim - ocbd - nondescript jacket fits

agree with this, cant stand those type of fits myself. Id much rather someone try and do something unique than those horrible brown boots/loose raw denim/plaid shirt fits.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
NN's boots are great A lot of stuff recently has really sucked At least snowman TRIES things, quitting posting in this thread would be pretty lol-worthy, you can't wear KVA etc and have thin skin, I mean if you're super worried about what people think about your clothes what do you do when you leave the house??
I do have pretty thick skin and a hard head. Like I mentioned my background is Italian, calabrese to be specific. They are known for being hard headed and stubborn
laugh.gif
I'm fine with what ppl think of the way I dress when I leave the house. I just hope they don't think I'm some kind of suicide bomber a la slack's first impression hahaah!! also not quitting from waywt, just posting less often. i've recently read random fashion thoughts and its becoming a pain for people to read and catch up in this thread. i dont want to be a bother.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
agree with this, cant stand those type of fits myself. Id much rather someone try and do something unique than those horrible brown boots/loose raw denim/plaid shirt fits.
As long as everything fits it isn't a matter of hate. It looks good. It just might as well not even be there because you just scroll past it, it's been seen a thousand times before. At the same time I would still rather people post those fits than nothing though I guess.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
Fixed.

Seriously, I've only seen a few fits that were passable and they were usually the plainer ones. If you're trying to fill some kind of internal void with expensive clothes on the outside then you need to stop. Everything you wear doesn't line up with your body language/posture. My professional opinion is that you go back to basics and take your time working up your style and swag.

i have to ask now: what is your profession?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^still posting, just not as frequently. addressed this above. but i agree with the motto
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
This has got to stop. Really sit back and think about what you are buying before you buy it. I haven't seen one fit that really works for you.
i actually take a lot of time deciding what to buy. i take into account: -what it will work with (imo lol) -how versatile it is/can i wear these with this ex. i have a pair of kva cargos (not the combat, they are very minimal) i wear it with edgy kva stuff. as well as dress attire. -uniqueness/limited ed. -is it on sale/should i buy at full price/do i think it will go on sale? -quality i rack my brain on a bunch of stuff and to ease the torment i just pull the trigger a la rick owens scarf:
lol8[1].gif
http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-scarves/r...nvt/ro0826wht/

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
^still posting, just not as frequently. addressed this above. but i agree with the motto

I also say don't post less because of the haters. I enjoy your posts, it's the endless hate that's annoying and should be cut back.

Originally Posted by Cacatfish
That shirt is great.
Makes the whole fit work for me.

+1

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
couple things: 1. snowman you should keep posting, I'm all for that, but try to take some of the advice people give. for example, try your next fit without boot tucking. it's not a question of aesthetic, it's a question of your height/proportions: boot tucking chops you off at the ankle and makes you look even shorter. 2. it leads me into my next point: part of learning 'how to dress' (whatever that means) is learning what things simply don't work on your body. for example, I like cardigans, but traditional v-neck cardigans look terrible on me, so I never wear them. 3. my 'aesthetic' is exactly what jd_may and people are railing against: I wear simple, boring pieces of high quality. I don't want to stand out, and I'm ok with that
smile.gif
there is nothing inherently better about wearing KVA and cutting edge designer stuff as opposed to W+H and NDG, and 'taking risks' is so subjective and personal that applying it with a broad brush is almost meaningless. that said yea, I guess it's more visually striking to wear unusual things, but for me fashion is more about what something looks like, I care about things like construction, material, provenance, etc. anyway here are some jet-esque iphone shots in my parent's bathroom (which is why there's creepy **** everywhere). im sure uncontrol will tell me im such a failure!!!
photo.jpg
photo1-1.jpg
j crew thom browne tanner apc ll bean

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
I'm pretty sure it's a generalization of the term 'fit pic', which was originally a picture to demonstrate how a certain article fit, rather than an abbreviation of 'outfit'.

outfit picture

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
TWQnX.jpg

Found this coat at a vintage store today. Brand new, and the material/care tag is all in Japanese. "Scoop Boys / healthy and Casual" is all the engrish on it.
eh.gif
It's very well made, horn toggles and all. Super big but I kind of dig that about it.

Great coat. Duffles were designed to be worn slightly large and IMO look much better that way. Nice outfit altogether.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
snow gear

attachment
raf
patagonia down vest (no vis)
uni-qlo
carpe

Not my taste but done very well.

Originally Posted by Surreal
Forgot to post this one here.
Would definitely look better with the T-shirt untucked (or if you prefer, close fitting at the waist and fully tucked).
Originally Posted by Teger
anyway here are some jet-esque iphone shots in my parent's bathroom (which is why there's creepy **** everywhere). im sure uncontrol will tell me im such a failure!!!

j crew
thom browne
tanner
apc
ll bean

Very solid.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very mild for January. Down by the creek:

20110116_main.jpg

Boots: C&J Chelsea 5s
Jeans: White Levi 501s
Chambray shirt: Burberry
Cardigan: Barbour

I probably need to unbutton the bottom two buttons of the cardigan rather than just the bottom one. Jeans are too big in the waist (and a bit baggier than I want elsewhere). Any suggestions for a slim but not skinny alternative greatly appreciated (not wanting to spend a great deal on white jeans though for obvious practical reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads