• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Neiman Marcus doesn't really carry the line. Even most Saks don't carry them all. You need to find a Nordstrom that does. My local store carries everything that's not discontinued, including the "white" bottles. If you guys ever need anything I can proxy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quick question guys: Looks like my FM split has filled so I'm off to order the supplies. I usually go with AccessoriesForFragrances on eBay but I was thinking of trying something new. Best Bottles requires a $50 minimum order so they're out. Any other suggestions for a small order?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Quick question guys: Looks like my FM split has filled so I'm off to order the supplies. I usually go with AccessoriesForFragrances on eBay but I was thinking of trying something new. Best Bottles requires a $50 minimum order so they're out. Any other suggestions for a small order?
Have you looked at PilotVials? I've not ordered from them but I know a few folks who have. Alternatively, you might be able to broker a split of an atomizer order: rach and I split an order of 10ml atomizers a while back. ... today: Chanel Egoiste.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite from the TF line if not my favorite scent period
smile.gif
I first wore it when in Italy/Tuscany earlier this year and it will always remind me of that.

Originally Posted by musicguy
Just got my 9ml from Rioni today of Tuscan Leather. Damn it smells good. It is very strong. One spray is more than enough.

EDIT:

Four hours in... Damn, I'm loving TL... so far my favorite from the private collection.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
My favorite from the TF line if not my favorite scent period
smile.gif
I first wore it when in Italy/Tuscany earlier this year and it will always remind me of that.

One of my favorites as well.
Comparably, I really do not like Tobacco Vanille, the only other TF private blend I have tried.

Anyone here tried L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha?
Reading through this thread reminded me of a great summer scent sample I had couple of years ago. I moved after that and the sample got lost and I don't remember what it was. It was a lemon-y smell. Very refreshing. I was looking through my old emails to see if anything pops up from old order summaries. I might have to get a sample of Dzongkha again.

Any other similar suggestions?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oops, double post

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
message Will who's Pegasis on Youtube. He's done a tonne of splits just like that and always gets 10-30ml bottles....

Originally Posted by GreenFrog
thanks for the responses guys
I've been to many a store including Sacks, Neiman's, and Bergdof, etc... and most of them carry TF's private line. if they do i've never had any sort of bad service from them. i always saddle up and sniff a few, spray some card, spray a few on my arms and most of the time I talk a bit about what i like/not, ask them what the popular ones are, which ones they like, etc and then ask for samples. i've NEVER not gotten samples. Occasionally they give me a premade 1.5ml atomizer, but more often then not they make me a nice 4ml sample (which lasts forever) and I usually get 2 different ones... Keep in mind i'm an average dude, 25 years old, just friendly and somewhat knowledgeable but I appear interested, make it clear that I like a few but of course need to test them out because they're nice but I don't just waste money, etc... Hope that helps.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Angel for me today.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Have you looked at PilotVials? I've not ordered from them but I know a few folks who have.
Yep, checked them out. The bottles look pretty much the same as every one else has. How's their quality?
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
message Will who's Pegasis on Youtube. He's done a tonne of splits just like that and always gets 10-30ml bottles....
Got a link to this guy? I can't seem to find him.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Does anyone know of the small website that sells niche fragrances such as Creed etc. They sold a bunch of sizes of the Creed to include the 8oz flacons. It seemed to be a small operation, and they had a discount code for 10% off, which on an 8oz flacon is a sizable discount. I can't for the life of me find this site, any ideas?

My SOTD: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme, I love the spice and citrus in the cold winter morning.

boo

Reaction score
Going to be sampling John Varvatos 10th Anniversary today.

Originally Posted by CologneReview
Does anyone know of the small website that sells niche fragrances such as Creed etc. They sold a bunch of sizes of the Creed to include the 8oz flacons. It seemed to be a small operation, and they had a discount code for 10% off, which on an 8oz flacon is a sizable discount. I can't for the life of me find this site, any ideas? ...

Maybe you're thinking about www.parfumsraffy.com?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, checked them out. The bottles look pretty much the same as every one else has. How's their quality? Got a link to this guy? I can't seem to find him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pigasus27

TBH I think he uses Accessoriesforfragrance but just incase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads