• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
Hi City and everyone else that might be able to help.

Do anyone reckon what these glasses are?

Cheers.

These are actually pretty great... Anyone maybe got a new idea of what they are?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Ok, thanks. They're probably not good acetate - RL Polo. I'm going to take them to a glasses repair place and so if they can do a cheap and dirty fix while I look for new frames. Right now I'm rocking the taped up glasses look, which is not great.

Original geek-chic, right there! hahaha... Don't worry about it, I saw a person today with taped up glasses. I see them all the time.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
way overdue for replacements, need frame recommendations
37747153466341249514121.jpg
25386140092242905414121.jpg
challenge, I'd love frames that clock in under 200.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Original geek-chic, right there! hahaha... Don't worry about it, I saw a person today with taped up glasses. I see them all the time.

It was pretty funny for a few days. But enough was enough. Got my new glasses to day - Paul Smith "harrold" model. I like them a lot.

I remember, a few years ago, how hard it was trying to buy glasses - everything was those miserable little rectangle frames. But I had a great time buying frames this time around. I must have had 20 frames out that all looked decent, and then the task was narrowing down.

MrGoodBytes: That moustache is begging for circular frames.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Just picked my 'specs'......i really like them and for a very mild prescription they make a huge difference.

Dita LEVER in grey swirl...

they look dark but have a kind of blue grey colour....in the store they thought they went well with my blue eyes.

The main thing is i like them and i am comfortable in them.
46 and my first pair.

Knisse

Reaction score
You are right about the most importent thing is to be comfortable with your own glasses. Made that mistake once, never again.

That being said, i think they are kind of big on you. Perhaps thats just me

xM.

Reaction score
They might be a bit big but they look fine. It's a bit hard to be sure because you're tilting your head in every shot.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MartinHansen
You are right about the most importent thing is to be comfortable with your own glasses. Made that mistake once, never again. That being said, i think they are kind of big on you. Perhaps thats just me
I wanted that particular style/ look- that is bigger..not the small skinny square style offered in most high street stores. I got a pair of backup glasses- CK's ..jeez they were not exactly cheap - BUT they are JUNK compared to the Dita's. The Dita's feel solid and are well made- tiny hex bolts thru the hinge solid acetate frame etc......the CK's are plasticky - the hinge has been heat set - NO bolts or pins--just junk-cheap flimsy rubbish!!! I think the more expensive Dita's where worth it. head on shots

xM.

Reaction score
anyone ever used EZContactsUSA? Just curious. The prices are good, but is it sketched out? I dont want to buy fakes.

floete

Reaction score
A question about transitions-type lenses. Is there a way to specify a minimum darkness -- ie, I'd like to put transitions on pair of RayBan's but I think the glasses will look real weird if the lenses go to clear. I'm thinking 20% might be better. Possible?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting Oliver Peoples Denison model. They come in two sizes:

51-17-140
pic1.jpg

53-17-145
pic2.jpg

Wondering which looks better if anything? Thinking about the smaller lense but it pinches the nose quiet a bit. Wondering if they can adjust this? Also was thinking of getting them in matt black, not sure if that is too harsh on my face, below:

Oliver-Peoples-Eyewear-Denison_10773.jpg

Or in black/grey could be alternative
Oliver-Peoples-Eyewear-Denison_11309.jpg

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/oliv...son-10773.aspx

The below is the site where you can see both colors. Input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads