• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Didn't you say you were on 89th and 3rd in Bay Ridge? Guess not...
frown.gif

87th and York Ave, Upper East Side.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steady 8 today recovering from yesterdays run.
I had 2 Gu's on the way, and waited til about 16 to have the first one. I was originally planning on eating just the first one, but when I saw that I was headed towards a wall I pounded the other, and man o man it helped when it hit.
You guys ever checked out Anton Krupicka's blog?
Its badass

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
I had 2 Gu's on the way, and waited til about 16 to have the first one. I was originally planning on eating just the first one, but when I saw that I was headed towards a wall I pounded the other, and man o man it helped when it hit.
Its badass

Read it all the time....need to use his traction device.....

hidepenny

Reaction score
smile.gif
been running for over 4 years now, started with adidas crappie runners and slow changed to five fingers then nike free and now back to new balance 769 and still find them to be the best fit/value.

did a 10 laps around the oval and thought i'd do something different tonight, that was 20 pushups between each lap
smile.gif
and did that at 10pm too, it's great summer breeze without the sun
smile.gif

Modern Day Adonis

Reaction score
Rabbit, that's pretty wild. Snow running will give your legs a good workout/waste you...

My first race (800m) went really well, I ran 1:59 which is a pr by a second. I'm probably good for 1:57 right now which is very encouraging. Just held on to the pack and tried to make a move on the last lap; I felt very strong/it felt easy. Some idiot was running in lane 2 the whole time so I was boxed in but finally got out after a lot of wasted effort.

When I ran 4:19 in the mile last year I ran 2:00 in the 800 a week later. So hopefully my mile goes well today, I'll update later tonight/tomorrow, the coolest thing about this is I've touched a track three times in the last 2ish months and they were all this week.

No pictures from yesterday as I was running or cooling down and not a whole lot of races were run. I'll be sure to take some today!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Great workout! I especially love that last pic. Looks like something that could be on the cover of a doom metal album. In fact, in a tribute to your run, I'm going to do an all-doom playlist for this morning's dreadmill run. (It's currently 5ºF, and I'm not running outside in that madness.) - Keith

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.59 miles in 65:00 (avg. 8:34 min/mi)

Today's all-doom dreadmill playlist:

Kyuss - "Green Machine"
Sleep - "Holy Mountain"
High on Fire - "Blessed Black Wings"
Earth - "Coda Maestoso in F (Flat) Minor"
Monster Magnet - "Dinosaur Vacume" (their spelling, not mine)
Orange Goblin - "Saruman's Wish"
Eyehategod - "Dixie Whiskey"
Alabama Thunderpussy - "S.S.D.D."
Candlemass - "Solitude"
Witchfinder General - "Witchfinder General"
Pelican - "Aurora Borealis"
Electric Wizard - "Devil's Bride"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
Its badass

Man, 16 miles to your first gu? Wow.

I remember the first time I ran 15 miles - didn't bring anything with me and paid dearly for it. After that I learned quickly.

Today: four miles: 28:22. Long run tomorrow, shooting for 12, and then taper begins for the half marathon in two weeks.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The calorie replenishment is a tricky formula for me - I knock out many of my 2 hr plus runs without replenishing, but I am usually sure to have eaten a hearty meal within 8-12 hours before I take off. I think from this point forward I am going to be sure to keep something handy - at LEAST some salt packets.
Knocked out a sort of hilly eight today in 53:30 - pounding a banana before the run was a good choice.
It was sunny and 80 degrees out on the run - too hot.
trying to get out for an easy 7 tonight later to make my second to last 70 mile week pre-taper.

.bishop

Reaction score
did 5 this morning - was pretty cold, 9:32 pace, can't wait to run on a flat course this coming summer. all this hill running better pay off!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran a solid 7 this morning in 60. Hadn't ran since November. The cool air felt nice.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .bishop
did 5 this morning - was pretty cold, 9:32 pace, can't wait to run on a flat course this coming summer. all this hill running better pay off!

The hill running will pay off. I think it helps me build strength for the end of races when I am trying to empty the tank.
Anyway, 3.5 today. Too much football to watch to worry about running too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads