• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, pass on that hoodie. I like Left Field too, but that's Champion status with those pockets and the zipper.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
thanks for this ... i just cant seem to find a decent pic of it in the darker plum. every google try comes up with the version you have, which i prefer, but didnt have the green to spare at the time

No problem. The Geller look book/webiste has the colorway of the one you're looking at (assuming you're checking out S&W for that one right?). I mentioned their broken link pics, but looks like they never got around to fixing them. They sent me pics a while back but I don't think I saved them.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Bespoken's shirting?

Looks slim from the pics I've seen, but I haven't found any measurements for them anywhere

Surreal

Reaction score
I tried on this black slim fit jacket and it seems to fit really well. The hand length is good (at last) and the waist is narrow. The shoulders are broader than on most jackets so they fit my build although you can see a bit of shoulder muscle protruding at the side.

It's about 180 bucks for the jacket and so far I haven't found anything better. I'm not sure if this jacket goes with pants (suit), but I would buy the set if it does.

It's cotton.

What do you think?

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover!
^ too big in the shoulders dude

Actually, it's a bit too small. Can you see that my shoulder is protruding? I have a very different shoulder/waist ratio. I tried smaller jackets and I couldn't move my arms because shoulders where too narrow.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jacket looks okay, but i can't tell much from those poses or those poor quality pictures.

probably best off asking in MC ask a question thread, they'll probably give you better pointers on what to look for.

mikeharo

Reaction score
I need help. I desperately need a new pair of shoes. I have it down to the Polo Edric and the Alden Indy boot. They would be for use with chinos and jeans. I work in a hospital and sometimes have days in an office so they would be worn there too. They both fit the dress code so it is not an issue. Indy boot would be Chrome Excel of course. Opinions?

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
Actually, it's a bit too small. Can you see that my shoulder is protruding? I have a very different shoulder/waist ratio. I tried smaller jackets and I couldn't move my arms because shoulders where too narrow.
I think the cut is wrong for you. The shoulder at the back extends more than the front, where you have a lot of muscle, so you're getting divoting. Essentially, the front is too tight and the back too loose. You might be able to tailor this but it's not simple and will probably cost $$$. I have the same problem because I have muscle + shoulder rounding. I get divoting even on jackets that are theoretically the "right" size. It's probably best to find a jacket where the shoulder construction fits your build.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MelonSnapple
http://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is...a?$detailmain$
Thinking bout getting these because i have absolutely no khaki

Those are the most boring pants in the entire world.

Originally Posted by mikeharo
I need help. I desperately need a new pair of shoes. I have it down to the Polo Edric and the Alden Indy boot. They would be for use with chinos and jeans. I work in a hospital and sometimes have days in an office so they would be worn there too. They both fit the dress code so it is not an issue. Indy boot would be Chrome Excel of course. Opinions?

Indy boot. Chunky, heavily stitched loafers look vaguely orthopedic.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I think the cut is wrong for you. The shoulder at the back extends more than the front, where you have a lot of muscle, so you're getting divoting. Essentially, the front is too tight and the back too loose. You might be able to tailor this but it's not simple and will probably cost $$$.

I have the same problem because I have muscle + shoulder rounding. I get divoting even on jackets that are theoretically the "right" size. It's probably best to find a jacket where the shoulder construction fits your build.

Tried some other suit jackets today. Pics attached. Not very good quality though, can't get better with my phone. They say they can tailor the arms to add a few cm's, but how is the fit otherwise?

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is much better at the shoulders from what I can see. However, the striped jacket looks like it still has a lot of unnecessary arm bunching. Not sure what's going on there, so you might want to pass on it.

The only other issue is that the collar seems to be standing away from your neck in the pics. If it's not because of the awkward stance, it's because the jacket looks to be slightly tight over the chest/trapezius, and is getting lifted up. I think a competent tailor can cut the collar to adjust for this but I'm not 100% sure, since I usually have the reverse problem (neck bunching).

Of course, you might want to ask around for a camera to take better photos and ask some MC guys, they will have better suggestions on fit/tailoring.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads