• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_3276.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
I don't know if anyone here has asked you this before, but what are you even going for?

futuristic military stuffs. last fit (not spolier fit) was just a casual day fit, nothing really exciting.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
futuristic military stuffs. last fit (not spolier fit) was just a casual day fit, nothing really exciting.

you are like the ultimate waywt face palm.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why? what i meant was, last fit was def. not the future military look that i like.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Because your "style" is a buzzword from the sneaker thread an your clothing myopia is absurd. Just try to look at your fits with an honest eye: you need to start over and evaluate how things fit you and what looks good

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does this tie into the sneaker thread? not following you on this one.

i look back at my posts in waywt and say: hmmm this needed this in order to improve... or wtf is this ****! last post was not a disaster imo, the spoiler fit was(hence spoiler tags)

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tegar. I tried to put it in a nicer way, but snow - your clothes are ridiculous. You really need to pull back and take a more objective view of what you're dressing like. It looks awful.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
how does this tie into the sneaker thread? not following you on this one. i look back at my posts in waywt and say: hmmm this needed this in order to improve... or wtf is this ****! last post was not a disaster imo, the spoiler fit was(hence spoiler tags)
what about the last post was not a disaster? the jacket/cardigan thing is simply too big. the pants are an ugly color and the boots are ridiculous, especially when you tuck into them. this ties into the sneaker thread because it seems your entire aesthetic (and the things you buy) are simply results of what's buzzing around sq4u today - I think the 'futuristic military' term was first coined in that thread in reference to some butt ugly KVA sneakers. you know the ultimate refutation of your "aesthetic" though? the fact that you're looking for advice and support. when you dress very stylized (what you apparently are trying to do), the most important thing to pulling the clothing off is confidence and self assurance - and when someone is buying and selling ten things a week, you clearly lack both those qualities. look dude, the fact that you continue to boot tuck, outfit after outfit, really sums this up. it looks ridiculous. I don't know how else to put this. you come here looking for advice, but you seem to lack some inherent taste-o-meter that most people seem to have. how could you have EVER thought those ugly ass unibrow forming tom ford frames were good? **** yo, I would love to be an SA in a store you shopped - you seem so easily convinced..

stinger70

Reaction score
snowman, have to say you seem like a really likeable guy but some of your fits are ridiculous. Your actually reasonably good looking so i think its a shame to not just try and look....good... rather than attempt to pull of some stylistic look that isnt working.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey dog.

"Futuristic military stuff" is going to be hard to pull off. Instead of jumping into all this drop crotch boot tuck stuff, I recommend taking it slow, and letting your look evolve organically instead of buying crates of expensive stuff. I mean, if you know you like monochrome, wear monochrome, but wearing all this ill-fitting gear trying to be Grand Moff Snowman is going to go nowhere.

The more eccentric your look is, the better you have to pull it off in order to avoid looking like a twerp. Being 5'6 is going to make dressing well an uphill battle for you (I'm 5'7 or 8 and I have the same problems), and it will be easier to do it if you start small.

tl;dr if you can't find stuff that fits in the first place, getting into "proportion manipulation" is probably not the best idea.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
I think snowman´s look often work. Some dressy futuristic space nazi thing. The interior of the house doesnt match the look at all though.
i got it from two or three pages back
biggrin.gif
by this theory i should be draped in prorsum. what ive got in my sale thread(as you probably know already) is stuff that doesnt fit properly with the exception of the tim hamilton pants. if it fits you i encourage you to buy it, i will ship with tracking. yes, i still like my tom ford glasses. but for now i have taken the forums advice and switched to contacts. i dont ignore everything you guys say!! I have no SA's because I shop online haha!!

quasky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Instead of jumping into all this drop crotch boot tuck stuff, I recommend taking it slow, and letting your look evolve organically instead of buying crates of expensive stuff.
this. it's cool that you're experimenting with different aesthetics, and i respect that you're having fun with your clothing (which should be the point, really), but i honestly think that establishing a solid wardrobe foundation THEN adding more interesting pieces would be a better use of your cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads