• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasky

Reaction score
i actually think kix's birks work well in the context of that fit. also doesn't hurt that the mr. freedom peacoat and the 3sixteen+s are both badass pieces.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
but seriously - learn to have some clothing common sense
Teger's got a point, but I love to watch this experimental try-and-buy thing over time. Learning by doing.

coldforge

Reaction score
I really wasn't feeling kix's fit, I'm afraid. The birks were the nail in the coffin for me but the torso wasn't a whole lot better. First I got a kind of Canadian Tuxedo vibe from the multiple denim pieces, and on top of that, the denim coat, neck kerchief, and engineer's hat gave me a real whiff of Model Train Enthusiast.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i could do what im doing now-or i could do what CtK does and asks, "why is this better than that?" im feeling the product and learning as well. edit: they are a 48, so it might be your size
smile.gif

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snowman, it looks like you're wearing those pants kind of high, If they're meant to be drop croth, then wear them on your hips and let the crotch drop. They still probably won't work, but it might be an improvement.

FYI: I don't have a camera, but I am wearing a white t-shirt tucked into high-waisted triple-pleated grey flannel pants right now. Black dress belt, black boots.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
teger: did you even see the pants??(im assuming youre talking about the spolier pics)

they have an elastic hem, they are not made to fit mc style.. (mc hammer style is a diff story)
yes they dont fit properly but i wanted to try them on, they are already in the process of being returned.

dude all of your clothing choices are just bewildering. its like a grabbag of random designers from random aesthetics... you're like a carousel of clothing that will inevitably hit the B&S forum.

you seem to want advice, so if here is some: for the love of god stop boot tucking

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i could do what im doing now-or i could do what CtK does and asks, "why is this better than that?"

There is a lot of middle ground. CtK is a dumbass, and you are, too, in your own way. I think there are better ways to up your style than dropping insane cash on designer stuff that doesn't work for you. I don't know if anyone here has asked you this before, but what are you even going for?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
wore this today:
dsc01554za.jpg

i just got these viktor and rolf pants in from ssense. checking to see if i should keep or not.
they have the waist pinned at the back by the tailor. these are meant to be drop crotch/harem pants.
dsc01556la.jpg

dsc01557cx.jpg

1. your jacket/cardigan is too big and makes you look a child
2. the color of the jeans/pants is ugly
3. boot tuck is ridiculous. you look like a ******* tiny jockey.

come on dude..

funkdoobi

Reaction score
snowman really needs to work on his proportions. get professionally measured by a tailor, then always consider those sizes when buying clothes. not drop crotch or massively baggy ****. dont buy a large when you're medium, etc.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i just dont understand him at all. ive seen him piss away thousands of dollars on clothing (taking huge losses on his stupid purchases) and he seems to have learned literally nothing.

he needs to stop ******* buying clothes online.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stop acting like its a tragedy. im sure you have something else to worry about
eh.gif

everything in my last fit fits the way i intended it to.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
if that clothing fits how you intended it to fit (and you think it looks good) I think you should pursue another hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads