• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Toronto?

david3558

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've searched for older threads but am wondering if there are any current recommendations as to where to shop in Toronto, as I am taking a weekend trip up there! Does anyone have suggestions to where to shop, visit, etc?

Thanks in advance!

chineseboy

Reaction score
showroom on queen street
over the rainbow in yorkville
holt renfrew in yorkville
generally queen street from yonge to a bit past spadina is good

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Nomad/Ransom

819 queen street west

431 richmond street west

thats about it

avery

Reaction score
tnt blu
uncle otis
upc boutique
nomad
holt's
jonathan and olivia

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TerrenceCarvo

Reaction score
Nomad
Sydney's
Ransom
Jonathan + Olivia
Klaxon Howl
TNT (The New Trend)
TNT Blu
Sepentine
Kensington Market
Spectacle (Sunglasses)
Bay and Bloor (Majon Intersection)
Lileo
Holt Renfrew
Over the rainbow
Uncle Otis
Gotstyle Men's Wear

quasky

Reaction score
nomad + uncle otis for sf-approved gear, kensington market if you like shopping vintage. klaxon howl is all military/workwear, and you should check it out even if you're not into that aesthetic - they're in a really cool space.

e: do not go to tnt, it is horrible.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TerrenceCarvo
Nomad
Sydney's
Jonathan + Olivia
Klaxon Howl
Kensington Market
Spectacle (Sunglasses)
Bay and Bloor (Major Intersection)
Uncle Otis

This.

Also, start walking west on Queen W from Spadina until you hit Roncesvalles and stop into anywhere that looks interesting.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shopping in Toronto is a joke. A horrible, horrible, painfully unfunny and exorbitantly expensive joke. If you're downtown then the stores people have already mentioned are pretty much it (there's also Anti-Hero beside Over The Rainbow, but they stopped carrying Dsquared so it's mostly Bikkembergs and McQ [diffusion line] now), the thing is none of them are worth the asking prices until sales. Well, maybe Uncle Otis but that's cuz their merch isn't particularly expensive in the first place, but I've never seen anything there that I wanted to buy (same with TNT except for a CdG Beatles tee that was $200 after tax...) Holt Renfrew on bloor sometimes has good stuff on blowout sale but that's about it. In general, as prices rise over time, quality of construction/materials wanes and originality/design disappears outside of the idiotically expensive labels.
Originally Posted by TerrenceCarvo
TNT (The New Trend) TNT Blu
There's TNT, TNT Woman, and TNT Blu, but Blu (in the basement) is the only one that carries menswear -- even though it also carries womenswear and more of it. There are signs all over Hazelton that there's some kind of new fourth TNT store coming soon, but my running joke with my friends is that it's going to be a 3rd women-only store. Can anyone give me some info on Serpentine? I've never heard of it.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link/info, I didn't even realize there was anywhere to check out Damir/Julius/DBSS in person in this city.

I don't know what to make of their website, though: all the brand feature pages are unstyled and redirect me to http://www.transmitterstudios.com/ with a prompt o_O

gearhead

Reaction score
R.A.D at 899 Dundas West (women)
Guidi, Lost and Found, Nico Uytterhaegen, Werkstatt Munchen, Forme d'expression, etc.
some accessories like bags/belts/necklace/etc are unisex

Delphic at 706 Queen West (men + women)
Canadian stuff ala Philip Sparks, Hoi Bo and a wide collection of Krane
After you stop here, go behind the building for Klaxon and Howl (The couple owns both the stores)

Oliver Spencer Store at 962 Queen West
Fred Perry Store at 964 Queen West
Ruins at 960 Queen West (OC, Assembly NYC, Patrik Ervell, etc)

m0851 at 23 St-Thomas (across from Holt Renfrew Downtown)
Leather (jackets, bags, wallets, Belts, etc.) check their site m0851.com
They are a lot better than Rudsak and Danier as far as Canadian leather fashion store goes

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomad is as good as a store as you'll find anywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads