• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wsanford-shanghai
It's already Friday in Shanghai, so I thought I'd get a jump on the "Friday Stripes Challenge". This is my first "What are you wearing..." post. Please let me know what you think.

WS-WAYWT-01-14-11-Stripes.jpg

Great waist reduction and fit.
worship.gif
Very european , nice!

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's already Friday in Shanghai, so I thought I'd get a jump on the "Friday Stripes Challenge". This is my first "What are you wearing..." post.
The fit of your suit looks great, but for you to have a chance in the stripes challenge you're going to need better lighting and at least one closeup so we can admire the details.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's already Friday in Shanghai, so I thought I'd get a jump on the "Friday Stripes Challenge". This is my first "What are you wearing..." post. Please let me know what you think.

Very nice first effort. Only thing I would change is to fold the PS differently but otherwise great.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
52d4630c.jpg

[/center]

There is a contrapuntal texture to this. Interesting and imaginative, but not overdone.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
130120113204.jpg
130120113211.jpg

Spoozy, I hear the feedback you're getting, but I like this and although its out there, I feel it works for you. The brashness combined with the dofted tilt of the hat fits what appears to be your eccentric personality. Remember that a lot of the guys here like that conservative office look, and they do it well, but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) your context is a little different (a painter right?).

Originally Posted by ndw

The bottom half to me screams tweed jacket.

As for me, I'm trying to get something sorted for the challenge today, but yesterday I bruised my damn heel jumping around in my classroom like an idiot while "Anarchy in the UK" blared from my ipod dock and Johnny Rotten glared from my Smartboard (I'm teaching the Labor movement - up to the Haymarket Square Riot...timely as it seems an anarchist was at work in Tuscon this weekend) and came crashing down from a set of tables on my right heel. Getting old sucks, especially that I keep in good shape, because my body can do the things I alwas could, but its reaction to "traumas" is a little more sensative. So we'll see, but I look fwd to see what you guys conjure up!

ptoll

Reaction score

I think a 3 pc suit is a great "anti-casual Friday" statement. Nice choice.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^ your tailor has some serious skillz! (cant tell at all it was shortened). As for hot weather, do you prefer cotton, linen, or lightweight wool? Thinking about some stuff for this spring/summer.
- what's funny is that the peeps on the Australian threak are forever "whinging" about the same tailor that I use.. I just think they don't get it - or have unrealistic expectations as I have yet to have an issue
- I wear all of the mentioned cloth for summer

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Sure, I get it. To be honest (I hate to admit this), the tie was already tied and hanging on my door. I was in a rush so I did not re-tie it. It was tied for a smaller spread before.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

- WUT DAH

More pics on the blog ...
- ooooh questionable pattern mixing here

this is really terrible Spoozy ...really really terrible. There is absolutely no sense of style in there whatsoever. I dont know how else to say it
blush.gif

- lurk more I say

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Houston is calling it Linen Friday
110114-6.jpg

110114-81.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's bloody cold in NYC this AM - -7C/19F, and, being sick of practical attire, I've donned that which is shown below.

Spoo-meister, thanks for the welcome, and please note that it's not my shirts that are baggy, it's my body, the shirts simply conform to it, and my shirt laundry folds my shirts, as I've more drawer space than hanging space in my small NYC apartment, hence the creases.

As for your posting of yesterday, were you to wear your hat with any more insouciance, you'd be less Fred Astaire, and veering dangerously into the territory of Rosalind Russell.

Here's today's attire - the trousers are a tad short - they may be adjusted downwards sometime soon.

P1020493591x1280.jpg

P1020491564x1280.jpg

P1020490914x1280.jpg

P1020489980x1280.jpg

P1020486850x1280.jpg

P1020487879x1280.jpg

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
waywrnstripes.jpg

Great fabric on this suit! Nice use of stripes, very soft and approachable look. Photo of shoe with floorboards is a nice touch.
smile.gif

spitfirees20

Reaction score

Aside from that pocket square fold which should never be worn again, this is perfect. Looks like a combination of european and pseudo 1980's wall street styling; very badass, and the fit couldn't be better. Great first post.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
P1020491564x1280.jpg

Your shirt appears to be loose all over here and isn't doing you any favors, and also I can't see any cuff. Aside from these two things, very awesome. The colors go very well together, and the suit fit looks pretty damn good (although it's hard to tell with your hand in your pocket).

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spitfirees20
Aside from that pocket square fold which should never be worn again

Your shirt appears to be loose all over here and isn't doing you any favors, and also I can't see any cuff.
Dude ... lurk more!! Others are posting pics and staying involved while you just sit in the gallery nitpicking and talking isht. Or post some pics to back up your "astute" sense of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads