• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
SF but bloomingdales has consistent pricing across all their stores I think. Should be able to look up inventory and ship to you from any store too.

True, but right now I'm not in a city where the Bloomie's sells RLBL, so just as easy to call the store that supposedly has it. Good range of sizes?

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
IMO, Friendship Heights has the best RL store.

Yup, the Tyson's store has very little. Friendship Heights one has a lot.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
Yup, the Tyson's store has very little. Friendship Heights one has a lot.

RL's mall stores, even in very upscale malls, tend to suck. If you've ever been to the Naples or Costa Mesa locations you'll know what I'm talking about.

toade

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
SF but bloomingdales has consistent pricing across all their stores I think. Should be able to look up inventory and ship to you from any store too.

Did you see if SF carries solid navy or charcoal? I know Blooimes sometimes has 30% off all RLBL, and combined with signing up for a CC, that could get me my staple suit for a fair price. Just not sure if they carry the solids at there (I live in LA but would hopefully have it transferred). If they did have solids, were there on sale when you were there?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle
RL's mall stores, even in very upscale malls, tend to suck. If you've ever been to the Naples or Costa Mesa locations you'll know what I'm talking about.

Naples, florida? It's in a mall, but not really the same kind of mall you're thinking of.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle

The RL store at Stanford shopping center (CA) isn't bad.

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
The RL store at Stanford shopping center (CA) isn't bad.

True. That is a very nice store. The sales associates leave a bit to be desired though.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by toade
Did you see if SF carries solid navy or charcoal? I know Blooimes sometimes has 30% off all RLBL, and combined with signing up for a CC, that could get me my staple suit for a fair price. Just not sure if they carry the solids at there (I live in LA but would hopefully have it transferred). If they did have solids, were there on sale when you were there?

They had solid RLBL suits but not on sale. The solid PRL's were on sale however.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
Naples, florida? It's in a mall, but not really the same kind of mall you're thinking of.

Yea, Naples, FL. I know what you mean, but it's a mall by my definition (same as the outdoor Westfield malls). If it's a group of stores with a Saks as an anchor, it counts as a mall in my book.

It's the stand-alone stores (NY, BY, Chicago, Boston, DC) that have the good stuff.

Perhaps that's because the suburban crowd tends to like Blue Label and thinks of RL as a place that makes polo shirts and weekend wear.

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo

I was in there last week. It's not your average mall, but they still don't have suits. I think that's more because it's Florida. They usually carry a nice selection of sports coats.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRL makes beautiful suits. I tried a few of them on last year and they fit very nicely. Never get them tailord at a RL store they will cost a fortune. They quoted me $150-200 in alterations, thats BS! When I am about to spend $600 on a suit I don't want to spend the additonal money on alterations.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mens suits missed the last round of markdowns.

Cashmere cable knits are pretty far marked down in the stores, FYI.

Check out the new spring stuff, I think you guys will mostly be impressed.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
PRL makes beautiful suits. I tried a few of them on last year and they fit very nicely. Never get them tailord at a RL store they will cost a fortune. They quoted me $150-200 in alterations, thats BS! When I am about to spend $600 on a suit I don't want to spend the additonal money on alterations.

I've found the pricing to be very reasonable by comparison to my local tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads