• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are my pants baggy or too short? (Photo included)

Roco

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. But have been reading the forums for a week and I've enjoyed learning about how to dress properly. I've just graduated and work requires me to dress formal, so it's been helpful.

But I have several doubts, and one that specially bugs me is if my pants length and size are the proper one. Looking at the photo they look OK, but when walking, my socks show up quite a bit.

And also, is it me or are the pants a little baggy?

And one last question. Is it okay to wear loafers with this pants?

Thanks.

Roco

Reaction score
Sorry, I'll try and rotate it. In my computer it appears in the correct orientation.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Sorry, son but they are too baggy and too LONG. Are they of such quality that they are worth tailoring? I realize you are probably on a bit of a budget, but do try for slimmer fitting pants (flat-fronted)with just a hint of a break.

Roco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee
Sorry, son but they are too baggy and too LONG. Are they of such quality that they are worth tailoring? I realize you are probably on a bit of a budget, but do try for slimmer fitting pants (flat-fronted)with just a hint of a break.

Wasn't expecting hearing they were too long.
eh.gif
Any shorter and the socks would be showing a lot when walking. I'll try and use some pins to simulate how it would look.

As for them being baggy, my problem is that slimmer pants don't fit me in the upper part (waist). And this pants aren't worth tailoring them that much. Do they look baggy all the legs length? Or at the upper part?

Thanks for the help. And sorry for my english.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? They aren't long. In the photo the break is very nice. Not sure about them being baggy, it's hard to see from the photo.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee
Not everyone is a no-break funsock rocker. The length appear quite acceptable to me. It does appear baggy though. Proper full body photo needed.

dasai

Reaction score
It would also help just to verify that you're wearing the slacks at your natural waist. They almost look like they're slipping down in the back.

Roco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
... it's hard to see from the photo.

Originally Posted by blahman
Proper full body photo needed.

I'll try and upload a better photo when arriving home. This was taken with my phone.

Originally Posted by dasai
It would also help just to verify that you're wearing the slacks at your natural waist. They almost look like they're slipping down in the back.

Interesting point. I've always had trouble keeping pants to stay up.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dasai

+1. They look too baggy and too long but looking at the photo it appears you don't have your pants pulled up, grasshopper.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Do you have a sister?

I think braces might do a better job of holding pants up - and more convenient too.

Roco

Reaction score
Not sure were are you going with this, but... yes.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures can be pretty misleading with trouser length. If you want to make a pretty picture, you need to hem them pretty short -- short enough to be conspicuous in most parts of the world. When all the fit is perfect, the no break trouser is going to look a lot better than the no break trouser that has the usual RTW fit issues.

For example, all that fabric in the back of your leg suggests the trousers are cut for a man with a bigger ass than you now have. Eat up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads