• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Napoli

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
A bit unrelated, but what is he going rate for a two-piece bespoke suit from a mid-level tailor in Naples?
1500-2000 EUR is the minimum price for a non-Italian speaking customer and for the one that does not know local tailors. That is what I have experienced myself.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
You would be able to buy hash or charlie on every corner... Also fake rolex.
Get me on the next fackin' plane.

kcc

Reaction score
borrelli is relatively close to EM. Neither is near AM, but they're all within walking distance if you enjoy that kind of exercise.

use google earth and the respective addresses to get a precise sense of the distances.

makker

Reaction score
Attolini is a must. Why not Isaia as well.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by narcissism
Naples is a dump. All I can remember from the last time I was there was mounds of trash on the streets and people selling fake Prada sunglasses.

You wasn't offered to all the existing drug catalogue on every corner as happened to me? I must look frequent snorter then...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by banis
1500-2000 EUR is the minimum price for a non-Italian speaking customer and for the one that does not know local tailors. That is what I have experienced myself.

Do you get your great Finamores there? Been told those are +500 euros on Russia. Almost triple priced.

Originally Posted by George
Get me on the next fackin' plane.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also happened to me in Holland.

Originally Posted by makker
Attolini is a must. Why not Isaia as well.

But prepare 4000 euros I've been told. If someone do knows a better price let me know. Attolini is my dream
devil.gif

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was there last summer (2010) with my wife. The trash problem had been solved by then, looks like any other major Italian city in that regard. Never felt unsafe, it's like any major city, just be smart. Naples is very charming, a bit special yes, but it grows on you.

I am the agent for Rubinacci so I will of course recommend a visit here:
Rubinacci Naples (a.k.a London House)
Via Filangeri 26

Have a nice trip! I recommend you to travel along the Amalfi-coast. Stay out of the seaside resorts though, the ones up in the mountains are much nicer!

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Do you get your great Finamores there? Been told those are +500 euros on Russia. Almost triple priced.
Yes, directly at the source. I have also ordered shirts at Merolla, which I have not received yet.
Russian retailers quote 15.000 RUR for the Finamore as the starting point, which is almost 400 EUR. There is also option for the so-called sport shirts that start from 10.000 RUR (250 EUR).

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
I was there last summer (2010) with my wife. The trash problem had been solved by then, looks like any other major Italian city in that regard. Never felt unsafe, it's like any major city, just be smart. Naples is very charming, a bit special yes, but it grows on you.

I am the agent for Rubinacci so I will of course recommend a visit here:
Rubinacci Naples (a.k.a London House)
Via Filangeri 26

Have a nice trip! I recommend you to travel along the Amalfi-coast. Stay out of the seaside resorts though, the ones up in the mountains are much nicer!

You're lucky having those brands. I envy you
devil.gif
lol8[1].gif

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, directly at the source. I have also ordered shirts at Merolla, which I have not received yet.
Russian retailers quote 15.000 RUR for the Finamore as the starting point, which is almost 400 EUR. There is also option for the so-called sport shirts that start from 10.000 RUR (250 EUR).

How was your experience at Merolla? Do you speak Italian? What is the pricing? How many fittings did you do?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
How was your experience at Merolla? Do you speak Italian? What is the pricing? How many fittings did you do?

I don't have any direct experience but was planning to pop in during my next visit. IIRC, Merolla starts at 220EUR...

banis

Reaction score
I don't speak Italian. It was really difficult at first to settle communication. I saw that they had a computer in the store and used Google translator afterwards. During the fitting Francesco invited his son (I think so), who spoke English and was acting as a translator. Pricing starts at 170, IIRC. I paid 250 for the Riva.

At my first visit measurements were taken and on the second evening I had a fitting with a trial ****. I have not so good pictures of the fitting.
172504--39718118-m750x740-ubbfb8.jpg

172504--39718120-m750x740-u61046.jpg

Merolla was the only one who agreed to make a fitting in a day. I wanted to try Piccolo, but they could not arrange for the fitting, so Merolla was the only option while my stay. Piccolo's prices are a little bit cheaper and they have really much more fabrics available in the store to choose from, including lots of bolts of Riva, Bonfanti, etc. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures there. Also, they speak a very good English at the Piccolo.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
172504--39718120-m750x740-u61046.jpg

The pinned prova looks very promising. Please post pics when your first batch arrives. btw, the Russian Finamore pricing is truly incredible - have they been successful in the market?

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't speak Italian. It was really difficult at first to settle communication. I saw that they had a computer in the store and used Google translator afterwards. During the fitting Francesco invited his son (I think so), who spoke English and was acting as a translator. Pricing starts at 170, IIRC. I paid 250 for the Riva.

At my first visit measurements were taken and on the second evening I had a fitting with a trial ****. I have not so good pictures of the fitting.

Merolla was the only one who agreed to make a fitting in a day. I wanted to try Piccolo, but they could not arrange for the fitting, so Merolla was the only option while my stay. Piccolo's prices are a little bit cheaper and they have really much more fabrics available in the store to choose from, including lots of bolts of Riva, Bonfanti, etc. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures there. Also, they speak a very good English at the Piccolo.

Thank you so much for posting, this is helpful.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
The pinned prova looks very promising. Please post pics when your first batch arrives. btw, the Russian Finamore pricing is truly incredible - have they been successful in the market?
Will do after its arrival.
As for the Finamore in Russia - yeah, I think that they are quite successful. I don't know who are main clients, but there quite a lot of them. The same situation is with many other brands - Isaia, Partenopea, La Vera, etc. For example, Ulturale ties are sold here for almost 300 Euro. Kiton ties I saw with the price tag of 400 EUR. It is really a crazy market in some spheres.
Thank you so much for posting, this is helpful.
No problem!

UK2004

Reaction score
Does Anna Matuozzo speak English and how long does it take for measuring and fitting for her to make shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads