• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Architecture Thread

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
you sound more upset about the NY critic being negative on your city than on the merits of its content.

pardon? he wasn't negative on LA, just the building, and was hung up on silly things in my opinion. the comment you just quoted was a sarcastic joke, wherein i was basically agreeing with him. what you say above does not really make sense in relation to anything i've said.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
i think i mentioned this before, but there's a great interview with jeffrey inaba where he talks about the fact that architects can't even afford custom homes as playing in to the cold, conceptual luxury of contemporary design.

could you link please, and cc me the link in PM. thanks.
i would have my slaves do it but they are on holiday

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
pardon? he wasn't negative on LA, just the building, and was hung up on silly things in my opinion. the comment you just quoted was a sarcastic joke, wherein i was basically agreeing with him. what you say above does not really make sense in relation to anything i've said.

the sarcasm went over me, blatantly, as perhaps the rest of your comments as I interpreted them as hostility towards the reviewer. This may not have been your intention.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
the sarcasm went over me, blatantly, as perhaps the rest of your comments as I interpreted them as hostility towards the reviewer. This may not have been your intention.

you thought i was seriously calling one bedroom, two bathrooms "innovation?"

confused.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Herzog & de Meuron's project in Guadalajara, Mexico has been cleared to start to construction.
guadalajara1.jpg
guadalajara_museumherzog1.jpg
guadalajara_museumherzog2.jpg
guadalajara_museumherzog3.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
those pictures reconfirmed my desire to visit Guadalajara, and it has nothing to do with the building

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
beautiful. i'm glad they finally realized that the people want horizontally oriented boxes.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
those pictures reconfirmed my desire to visit Guadalajara, and it has nothing to do with the building

Seriously. Nevermind the building. Just get me a lawn chair and binoculars.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
better half is admiring a new John Pawson book we picked up. Apparently I'm supposed to work for one of the banks over in London so she can work at that firm.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Picked this up this weekend. It's fantastic.

girlfriend just ordered this one. outsider architecture, i'm excited to see it.

5164805796_a807f96f4b_o-copy.jpg

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
A History of Starchitect Box Stacking....

i've got some friends at one of the Culver City firms cracking up over this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads