• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Krinkov:

imgp3605g.jpg

imgp3609o.jpg

Do you notice any parallax problems with the Aimpoint? I am wondering if mine is normal - it seems you still have to get a pretty positive cheek weld to be sure of accuracy, which sort of negates the benefit of a red dot, right?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Do you notice any parallax problems with the Aimpoint? I am wondering if mine is normal - it seems you still have to get a pretty positive cheek weld to be sure of accuracy, which sort of negates the benefit of a red dot, right?

(Unfortunately) the Krink with the Aimpoint isn't mine, so all I can say is that I didn't notice any parallax issues shooting it yesterday. Given the short barrel and scope mount attached to the cover, I was VERY surprise at the accuracy I was getting from that set-up.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a difference in the EOTech style holographic sight and a red-dot. The Eotech 'projects' the dot on target, so your cheekweld is less important.

Aimpoints, traditional and micro, still require a uniform cheekweld, though I don't know that they run into parallax issues.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, did not realize that. I haven't seen any major problems in use, but just testing at home the dot does seem to move if you move your head off-axis.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Nighthawk Talon II in 9mm has arrived at MI Gunslingers. Selling my Les Baer Thunder Ranch and probably a Gen 4 Glock 22 at the Dallas gun show this weekend to help finish off the layaway.

The TRS is a great 1911, but I'm not the biggest fan of cleaning guns (okay, I don't believe in doing it at all, until there's a legitimate chance of a stoppage), so I get annoyed caring for the bluing and it's a lot tighter than I'd like in a class/competition gun, replacing the barrel bushing after changing the recoil spring took me an hour last time.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides, after I get my Talon II out of hock, the plan is to do it again with a full-size .45acp 1911. Nighthawk Enforcer, Ed Brown Special Forces or Wilson CQB all in the running.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Besides, after I get my Talon II out of hock, the plan is to do it again with a full-size .45acp 1911. Nighthawk Enforcer, Ed Brown Special Forces or Wilson CQB all in the running.

Whenever I decide to spend $2700 on a 1911 it'll be a Wilson Professional

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Anyone going to SHOT this year? I'm not ... but going to NRA 2011.
Hmm, where is the NRA show this year?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Whenever I decide to spend $2700 on a 1911 it'll be a Wilson Professional

I have to admit up front that this is purely irrational, but... I hate 4" 1911s. 4.25" is, by the Grace of God, the Commander-length 1911 and so shall it always be.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I have to admit up front that this is purely irrational, but... I hate 4" 1911s. 4.25" is, by the Grace of God, the Commander-length 1911 and so shall it always be.

laugh.gif

Kengs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Anyone going to SHOT this year?

I'm not ... but going to NRA 2011.

I'm exhibiting - Multitasker Tools (in LE/MIL)

Duff_Man

Reaction score
On that note, anyone going to IWA?

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Hmm, where is the NRA show this year?

Pittsburgh, PA. I missed it when it came to Philly about ten years ago. Not going to miss it again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads