• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i see your point but i see things differently. i think because of the limited nature of the shoes that is exactly why someone would want to fake them. i mean, clearly the demand for these is greater than the supply so this is a great opportunity for someone to take advantage of that for those who might not know how to properly identify them.

i know you some of you dont believe me but i promise you if there is a demand for something someone will fake it.

anyway, lets move on ...

racknac

Reaction score
On a more cheerful note. Its snowing pretty hard today in Chicago and my outfit today was.

Yuketen Maine Guide Boots
APC New Standards
Egineered Garments Flannel shirt
Monitaly Herringbone shirt
WWM Mountain Parka

Trekking through the snow in piled up snow was very serene and awesome.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
On a more cheerful note. Its snowing pretty hard today in Chicago and my outfit today was. Yuketen Maine Guide Boots APC New Standards Egineered Garments Flannel shirt Monitaly Herringbone shirt WWM Mountain Parka Trekking through the snow in piled up snow was very serene and awesome.
****! so you rack and s3lam are a bad influence on me ... on a much brighter note i just ordered a pair of black maine guides although the place i ordered them didnt confirm my order so i dont know if it went through! such a good deal i just had to do it. ill post pics if/when i get them.

racknac

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't blown away with the fit when I first got my Maine Guide Boots... but after a few wears and breaking them in, I really feel like they have molded to my feet and I keep praying for snow so I can wear them.

If you are thinking "why do you need to wear them in snow?" Well I have other yuketen shoes that need loving too...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I honestly wasn't blown away with the fit when I first got my Maine Guide Boots... but after a few wears and breaking them in, I really feel like they have molded to my feet and I keep praying for snow so I can wear them.

If you are thinking "why do you need to wear them in snow?" Well I have other yuketen shoes that need loving too...

were they tight or loose? mine have always been really tight at first.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
were they tight or loose? mine have always been really tight at first.

Honestly I thought they were loose.... probably because the Aldens I have are so much snugger. Also, if there is a bit of looseness to the MGB i think its fine, because you will probably alternate the thickness of the socks you wear with these boots.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Honestly I thought they were loose.... probably because the Aldens I have are so much snugger. Also, if there is a bit of looseness to the MGB i think its fine, because you will probably alternate the thickness of the socks you wear with these boots.

yup. i agree.

i bought a 1/2 size down from what i normally wear so i might have to send back.

mpcec

Reaction score
Mine were tight at first and blistered my feet a bit. Now they are ******* perfect. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned, have exclusively worn them everyday since I got them in either October or November, can't recall.

E: 123 just my 2 cents of course but I think you want a tight out of the box fit on MGB's, they will certainly stretch.

E2: I love that Blackbird is stocking some different styles. Yuketen has such awesome variety but a lot never seem to be put in production.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
Mine were tight at first and blistered my feet a bit. Now they are ******* perfect. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned, have exclusively worn them everyday since I got them in either October or November, can't recall. E: 123 just my 2 cents of course but I think you want a tight out of the box fit on MGB's, they will certainly stretch. E2: I love that Blackbird is stocking some different styles. Yuketen has such awesome variety but a lot never seem to be put in production.
yeah, all of my other pair of yuketen stretched out but recently tried on a boat shoes a 1/2 size down and i couldnt wear them. im hoping the boots run a little big ... i tried on a pair of hunt boot from this season in my regular yuketen size and they were large on me so im crossing my fingers. if not i can return them. s3lam's pics are what got me to get these things. i hope they work cause i cant take anymore rejection from yuketen.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hes
spam[1].gif

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a more cheerful note. Its snowing pretty hard today in Chicago and my outfit today was.

Yuketen Maine Guide Boots
APC New Standards
Egineered Garments Flannel shirt
Monitaly Herringbone shirt
WWM Mountain Parka

Trekking through the snow in piled up snow was very serene and awesome.

Where you at in the city?

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA:
The Barney's COOP at South Coast Plaza has what I believe are the chukkas with a crepe sole on sale for $109. Or $129. I forgot. I blocked it from memory because I was mad they didn't have my size. But if you are a size 8, 12, or 13 you are in luck.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
PSA:
The Barney's COOP at South Coast Plaza has what I believe are the chukkas with a crepe sole on sale for $109. Or $129. I forgot. I blocked it from memory because I was mad they didn't have my size. But if you are a size 8, 12, or 13 you are in luck.

Do they have any other stock?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics