• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Game Of Thrones trailer

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
April 17th is the first episode.

I'm going to have to order HBO, just so I can watch this.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It cant get here soon enough, I have a good feeling that this is going to be done right.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
April 17th is the first episode. I'm going to have to order HBO, just so I can watch this.
Why? Just get it off the net like the rest of us.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why? Just get it off the net like the rest of us.

I want HBO to make a zillion dollars off of this, so they will greenlight the whole series.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
I want HBO to make a zillion dollars off of this, so they will greenlight the whole series.

Fat chance. The better the show is, the higher the chance of HBO cancelling it leaving you hanging.

Happened to me with Carnivale, then Deadwood, then Rome. HBO had their 3 strikes with me.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Fat chance. The better the show is, the higher the chance of HBO cancelling it leaving you hanging.

Happened to me with Carnivale, then Deadwood, then Rome. HBO had their 3 strikes with me.

Huh? The series ended when the protagonist died.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
They will make a ton of cash. And then greenlight season 2. And then cancel it somewhere along the line anyway.
Fat chance. The better the show is, the higher the chance of HBO cancelling it leaving you hanging. Happened to me with Carnivale, then Deadwood, then Rome. HBO had their 3 strikes with me.
Amen brother. Of course, I'll be watching anyways.
Originally Posted by poorsod
No it didn't. The producers had more than enough material for a third season. The show ended because it cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million per episode and HBO didn't want to spend the money on something that only a million or so people even bothered to watch each week. So they axed the show and had the producers end it after season 2.
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Hey dickhead, spoiler alert?
What the **** are you talking about?

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What the **** are you talking about?

Not all of us have finished watching Rome, but if you're unclear to whom I was speaking, it wasn't you.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rome was supposed to be 4-6 seasons IIRC, but luckily they got word of cancellation in time to just wrap up the story in the second season.

No such luck with Carnivale.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If both the book series and the HBO series remain unfinished, I might have an aneurysm.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Bluray set of Rome. Watching through them again. What a great show . . .

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
I got the Bluray set of Rome. Watching through them again. What a great show . . .

Yes, truly great TV. One of the reasons I'm so stoked for Game of Thrones is the overlap of folks who were responsible for Rome and also for this production.

I didn't realize just how "gritty" Rome was going to be. I'd heard very little about it, and thought it was more of a docu-drama like you might see on the History Channel. So, the first time I watched it, I gathered my grade school and middle school boys to watch too, figuring it would be educational.

As it turns out, within the first 10 minutes or so, they got a little too "educated" and I had to turn it off and chase them out of the room (and got chewed out by my wife.)

(But I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.)

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rome was supposed to be 4-6 seasons IIRC, but luckily they got word of cancellation in time to just wrap up the story in the second season.

That makes sense because the ending seemed complete. I think it was for the best. The first season was awesome but the second season seemed quite a bit weaker in comparison.

Now George R R Martin needs to get back to writing. I can't wait till the next book!

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now George R R Martin needs to get back to writing. I can't wait till the next book!

I remember laughing the day I found his blog online. The guy probably averages 2000 words/day on there, but refuses to finish his damn series. What a shithead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads