• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
I will do everything I can to make it. Sounds like a blast. Let's hope for some Chicago weather similar to what we have right now - sunny and positively cool.

See you there - we should have a good turn out.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled programing.
laugh.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just to shed a little more light on a seemingly clandestine, yet beautiful operation. The next time my girlfriend is over we will take some fit pics. I didn't want to put up bad ones, because they would be useless. Here are some close-ups of some handwork taken with an iphone Enjoy.
photo-9.jpg
photo-3-2.jpg
photo-12-1.jpg
photo-11-1.jpg
photo-6-1.jpg
photo-5.jpg
photo-9-1.jpg
photo-8.jpg
photo-7.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
the sleeve set is not his standard construction.
Frank mentioned doing a neoploitan sholder when requested.
I will assume you requested this?

Yes, hand padded lapels, I requested the neopolitan shoulder with the lapped seam. He threw in some other lapped seams as well on the arms and the darts. He said for some reason that he doesn't usually do a lapped back seam for some reason. It wasn't an issue for me.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Just to shed a little more light on a seemingly clandestine, yet beautiful operation. The next time my girlfriend is over we will take some fit pics. I didn't want to put up bad ones, because they would be useless. Here are some close-ups of some handwork taken with an iphone

Enjoy.

That's a ton of handwork, Patrick. While we wait for additional pics, any comments on silhouette and fit?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
That's a ton of handwork, Patrick. While we wait for additional pics, any comments on silhouette and fit?

It fits pretty darn great, it is slim, but not tight. Has shape, but there is no pulling here or there. I have some jackets that are much more wasited, but it disrupts a lot of lines, where this one drapes nicer. I am surprised at how it feels on me and how much I can move in it. It has very high armholes and with the dart under the lapel I can pretty much do anything without the collar lifting away from my neck, which drives me nuts on my MTM stuff. There are a few little tweaks that I feel it needs, but this was the first one Frank cut for me so my pattern will evolve. Frank, was actually really excited about this one, he really liked the shoulders I chose and he was thrilled with the way my first suit by him came out. That meant a lot to me. I didn't post any pictures, but the trousers flatter me so much better than any of my MTM. I almost cried at my second fitting they were so nice, however Frank said next time they will be perfect. I don't think they can be any more perfect, but I won't stop him from giving it a shot.

I will post fit pics soon. I am sure a lot of people are going to be *ahem* pissed at my flat front trousers with, *ahem* 2" cuffs and side tabs.

I want to wear this one a bit so how I like the shoulders and such. I am thinking about getting a solid navy for my next go around. I might actually ask for some drape in that one and a differen't kind of shoulder, who knows.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Bull's post is hilarious - what happened to him?

Banned. Question is why - any change the mods can let us know? I think he has/had quite a few fans here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
Banned. Question is why - any change the mods can let us know? I think he has/had quite a few fans here.

Probably because he posted 300 random pictures per day in each thread.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Probably because he posted 300 random pictures per day in each thread.

Look in the Foo's breast wallet thread. He posted yet another of his "stereotype" jokes that wasn't received very well.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Bull's post is hilarious - what happened to him?

Originally Posted by Lonneker

I think (not sure) it was his comments about Foo and his wife's race/ethnicity which got him banned

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am kind of surprised that he hasnt created another account as yet

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Look in the Foo's breast wallet thread. He posted yet another of his "stereotype" jokes that wasn't received very well.
Originally Posted by aj_del
I think (not sure) it was his comments about Foo and his wife's race/ethnicity which got him banned
Another one who flew too close to the sun. When will they learn???????? It would be interesting to start a headcount (deadcount) on the number of members manton and
foo.gif
combined have gotten banned directly or indirectly.
laugh.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ He had a particular hard on for Foo and it sometimes extended to Foo's wife.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads