• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

filth

Reaction score
2011-01-11154643.jpg
2011-01-11154451.jpg
wings + horn robert geller x levis wings + horn nudies

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wupper
^ Awesome.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
+1
Originally Posted by jet
zissou - nice man
Originally Posted by notwithit
Zissou fit is fantastic, and it shows how good a substantial double cuff can look on the Roy x Cone jeans.
Originally Posted by aeglus
zissou looks amazing and lel is pissing me off because white tapered jeans are ******* impossible to find
Thanks, guys...(sorry for all of the quotes)

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
IMG
Blasphemy!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
zissou, at what height relative to you and how far away from you is the camera placed? You're always among the best indoor photographers in the thread.. any other tips? I'm often tempted to try a fitpic but my attempts in the past have distorted the proportions so badly that I wouldn't even bother posting.
Thanks. The camera is always chest height clear across the room. If I frame myself entirely within a photo, the outer edge get distorted because it's just a little point and shoot (albeit a decent 12MP Panasonic Lumix). So, I stand far away and then crop the photo. Lots of indirect natural light is key, and that room has a huge picture window. Stand about 45 degrees towards the light, with the camera facing towards you, but away from the light. There you go.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
And maybe less outerwear.

that parka is so ugly. i think it's meant for moms taking their dogs out for walks in the rainy mountain trails in north vancouver along with all the other outdoor performancewear sporting walkers...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 @cow. Somet makes a tapered white denim. The denim I had on in yesterdays waywt was somet 030, same cut as the white pair on BiG.
Lel are your jeans dirty? Looks real good either way.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Thanks. The camera is always chest height clear across the room.

My indoor shots by the door changed camera angle from waist to chest height since my last red dr fit and my proportions look much better (less stumpy legs). Even a small bit of difference in camera positioning makes a huge difference on how you look!

cez

Reaction score
ghosts shoes look waaaaaaay to long. i'm talking olive oil steeze.

olive-oyl.jpg

ghostbusters101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
I like this. I'm guessing it's just the angle that's making the shoes look huge?

yeah they don't look that big irl. that being said, I had to size up on them because they're snow boots and I wear 2x wool socks underneath.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Z! I'll have to try again using your advice. I now see that my indoor shots are doomed to distortion because of my tiny rooms. I could use the hall, but the lighting is horrible (right on my head). Your technique gives me some good ideas to reference for outdoor shooting though.

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
+1 @cow. Somet makes a tapered white denim. The denim I had on in yesterdays waywt was somet 030, same cut as the white pair on BiG.

I really hate what Somet did with their tapered models. From BiG:

33" Inseam note: Although the inseam is only 33" the rise is 3" longer than the 003
and 008 models making them the same total length when measuring the outseam
Sanforized - shrinkage expected with hot wash / hot dry is Waist-1/4" Length-3/4"
somet030frntweb.jpg

somet030back4.jpg

If Triple Works made a white version of their tapered jeans, I'd definately buy.
I have some raw white APCs that have a pretty nice taper. I got them from someone who works at GQ (they were sent over by APC) and haven't seen them available anywhere. Raf by Raf has some decent washed whites and off-whites.. just kind of cheaply made like the rest of the line.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate those tretorn boots. Some dude at a local boutique was pushing them hard on me a few weeks back and I had to give him the gas face.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
haven't heard that in so long i think we're long lost bruvas, green vests, timbs, gas face where does the uncanniness stop?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl

I just want a cheapo pair for like 50-100 that I can try on in person. After getting my wallet and galaxy s stolen plus saving up key money for an apartment I'm too poor to buy nice stuff for a while
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads