• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Underrated US Cities

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Savannah, GA
Santa Barbara, CA
Alexandria, VA

I'll try to think of more

underrated?
confused.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Savannah, GA
Santa Barbara, CA
Alexandria, VA

I certainly think highly of Savannah and Santa Barbara ... and most everyone I know does as well. They are generally very highly considered for small cities.

I don't spend enough time in Alexandria to know much about it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nashville, TN
Savannah, GA

Lowell, MA
patch[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Pittsburgh: I recently spent some time there and was pleasantly surprised. Then again, my expectations were pretty low. I expected a rust belt wasteland, akin to Buffalo or Cleveland. Pittsburgh turns out to be a charming, completely unpretentious city with decent food, and and music. It's the sort of place that I can live in at 35, but would have hated at 25.

Portland, ME: There's a definite Austin, TX vibe there.

I was in Cleveland last April. Loved it.

Originally Posted by GQgeek
what's good in detroit besides the red wings?

So many things. The Great Lakes, Detroit Institute of Art, Fox, Hillbury and Bonnestelle Theatres, Greek Town, John King Used Books, Detroit Yacht Club, Wyandotte Yacht Club, etc., etc. etc.

w.mj

Reaction score
Manhattan.

Let's be real about this. One tiny island has had a century-long reign as center of the universe. Human minds weren't built to accurately rate such a place.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.mj
Manhattan.

Let's be real about this. One tiny island has had a century-long reign as center of the universe. Human minds weren't built to accurately rate such a place.

lol.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I always liked Baltimore.

Only been there twice, but yeah, I liked it.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm surprised by the Indianapolis love. I've never been there or heard anyone mention it one way or the other. Interesting.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I agree with Portland, ME. If I could, I'd move there in a heartbeat and would likely never leave.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Philly. Took me four years of living there before I really came around to it...and now I miss it. Probably the best bars per capita of any U.S. city I've been to. Good food too. Nice walking city.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Another +1 for Baltimore. Associated with a high murder rate, but that just means its bad parts are abnormally dangerous. The inner harbor, fed hill, Canton are all nice areas with vibrant nightlife.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads