• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Very Best Hot Sauce.......

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
This is my favorite hot sauce for chili. I got it at a gas station in West Virginia, but I've ordered more online since.
PAAAIACIDJMINDLO.jpg

Wackadoodle

Reaction score
Crystal Sauce, the real Louisiana hot sauce. Cheap and good balance between heat and flavor.

41X%2B9Pz2zYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pickapeppa is sweeter and hotter, especially good on chili and hot dogs.

pickapeppa_300.jpg

Cholula's pretty good too, just never get it at the store.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
for mexican

PICO PICA hands down

I assume you're a fan of Charlie's Chili by Newport Pier as that's the only place I've seen this.

Picking a best hot sauce is just not possible for me as I am a huge fan of hot sauce and like all the varieties for different foods or moods I am in.

As to the OP, Cholula is great but I wish they made it a bit hotter. I go through about half a bottle per meal.

intensanity

Reaction score
I thought Cholula was the best until I had Sriracha.

God tier

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Cholula a lot, I also like Sriracha and Tabasco Jalapeno too
smile.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Here it is, the very best hot sauce - Cholula, made in Mexico. Available most places (Safeway, etc.). Hot, but not burning. Full of flavor not just heat. (Why I like it better than Tabasco) It comes in the bottle with the real wooden cap.

A family favorite for years, we use it often for breakfast and seafood as well as for traditional Mexican food dishes. Try it next time you have scrambled eggs or fresh oysters. Yum!

Cholula.jpg

I prefer Tobasco to Chulula, even though I do like Chululah.

Here in Houston, Tx. every single Taqueria I have been to, as well as medium and decent Mexican restaurants have Chululah at the table.

Some have Tobasco also and some do not. A typical taqueria like Arandas would probably have just Chululah, while a decent restaurant like Pappasittas will usually have both.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through a "hotter is better" phase but found I could taste more and therefor enjoy more by dialing back the heat and going for flavor. But, we each have our won tastes, don't we? To me Cholula has the most wonderful hot and tangy flavor but still allows me to taste the rest of the meal.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rnoldh...those are some nice ZZ Top video links you got there. Some how them seem quite fitting mixed in with a discussion about hot sauce. I would think the Reverend Willy G would approve. Have mercy.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ever been around indonesians?

they actually concoct this sauce that has those tiny thai chilis (about 1cm long that is pepperspray/mace strong), soy sauce, and ketchup. for anything protein/***** its awesome. it really just brings out the flavors where you can tell the different ingredients (weird since its so strong, but it will).

its the thai/southeast asian variety of pepper thats actually too strong to use alone for food unless finely minced. they are easy to grow and aesthetically pleasing so you can just plant seeds into a medium pot and just water them.

800px-Thai_peppers.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
I assume you're a fan of Charlie's Chili by Newport Pier as that's the only place I've seen this.

Picking a best hot sauce is just not possible for me as I am a huge fan of hot sauce and like all the varieties for different foods or moods I am in.

As to the OP, Cholula is great but I wish they made it a bit hotter. I go through about half a bottle per meal.

haha. actually pico pica is everwhere it is at vons or your local chain grocery market.
youre right though picking a best sauce is not possible as i like a lot of them for their different characteristics, so saying any one sauce here kind of implies you dont like the others which isnt the case.
i would love to see how you go through a half bottle of cholula a meal. i would pay you to see that !!

cryan1980

Reaction score
chili willy is a nice hab. sauce.

Cholula, sriracha, and Crystals are always in stock at or house.

caxt

Reaction score
My Top 3:

1. Gator Hammock - personal favorite usually available at firehouse subs, made in Felda, FL.

2. Sriracha -new standby

3. Tabasco - old standby

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember traveling down into New Orleans area back in the 70's. They served Crystal everywhere. I like it a little better than Tabasco but Tabasco has its own unique and wonderful flavor.

Ben85

Reaction score
This stuff is pretty good. The bible is real too.

salvation_sauce_garlic.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
accept no substitutes. the 'cock' sriracha's the only one worth getting
sriracha_tattoo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics