• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Problem on the Inside

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the problem where the leather on the sole of the shoe curls up near the area slightly lower than the balls of your feet?

Anyone have solutions? Been trying to super glue it back down but it just curls back up for some reason.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It will keep happening. Bring them to a local cobbler and have them replace the liners.
FYI...super glue is the worst cement/glue that you can use on leather. It seals it, dries it out and, makes the leather become brittle enough to crack.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If the shoe was glued down the first time properly, this should not happen but this is not always the case and you are not even close to being the only person who experiences this. Out of the many shoes that I own, several of them have this problem and I just deal with it since it really does not affect me when I walk, it's more just of a mental thing. But as far as fixing it, I would take it to a cobbler who might have the proper glue to re-apply the adhesive.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes
......the proper glue to re-apply the adhesive.

That one!

craftpaste.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
get a piece of scotch tape.

only thing i see it being a problem is it sticking to your socks (feeling /mental problem) when you take it off or on
and
the psychological issue of it being something making the shoe not 100% nonproblematic.

i see new pairs of shoes at stores (tried on shoes of course) that has this problem. usually on lesser shoes. higher end shoes dont really use that thin layer of glued down leather

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Cobbler says it happens because they aren't properly sanded down out of the factory. He will sand them down alot before gluing them in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads