• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Home Owners/DIY Thread

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post questions/feedback/recommendations/how-to's on various annoyances around the house/condo/mansion/pool house, you name it.

Since NYC seems to be getting a lot of snow and I've grown tired and frustrated with my pull-start snow blower, can someone make a recommendation on an electronic, or other, ignition based snow blower?

H

.bishop

Reaction score
homedepot.com has a little app that helps choose wahts best suits your needs.

i have a toro, taht me and some neighbors split. works great, and is a single stage i think 200cc, gas powered. we are flat, surfaced doing the side walks in front of our hosues and the drive ways.

in dc most the snow is wet and heavy, so we opted for that.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Ariens, Toro, or Honda (if you have the big bucks). I am rocking a vintage 1970 Ariens 5hp and I love it. So long as the carb is adjusted right, it still starts right up and blows pretty good. I am going to freshen up the motor with new rings next summer though.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
The purpose of this thread is for anyone to post questions/feedback/recommendations/how-to's on various annoyances around the house/condo/mansion/pool house, you name it.

Since NYC seems to be getting a lot of snow and I've grown tired and frustrated with my pull-start snow blower, can someone make a recommendation on an electronic, or other, ignition based snow blower?

H

Already done.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=189468

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Home projects

BEFORE
beforestairs.jpg

AFTER
stairs.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads