• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portugese and Spanish shoes

mike2100

Reaction score
I don't understand how can someone being accused of marketing in a forum where we talk about brands. I am new in this forum and I only posted here about my research I've done in this Portuguese sector.
I am doing the same in several others forums to talk about technology, shipbuilding, software and so on, everyone talks about names and brands, I am only linking all them.

Please people, if my posts are marketing, so the administrator should delete them.

This thread is to talk about Portuguese and Spanish shoes, and I've done it at my way.

cheeers people, I will keep an eye on this forum, very nice and recently discovered by me.
If anyone needs to know something about Portuguese stuff, just e-mail me.

all the best
Mike

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by economiayocio
I didn't see this post in the past.

I have a collection of over 60 different pairs. EG, G&G, C&J, Alden and yes, Carmina. I have more EG and C&J than Carmina's. You can check that on the reviews of my blog.

I defend Carmina because it is the only one being questioned here. Just for that. It is an excellent brand, but as many other top ones. I wouldn't say it tops EG or G&G, because they don't.

I was just promoting and defending my country, because it is a fact that Carmina is a good brand, and many people from SF love it. Being me one of them.

I don't think there is any harm or promotion on showing pictures and trying to help people who are interested.

By the way, I have never sold any shoes in here, so you should check before pointing accusations. That is not good.

I can't understand why showing my collection of this brand, which is not so easy to buy depending on where you live, would do any harm or "backfire" me. That is not an opion, it is an absurd acusation not based in facts.

Regards.

Obviously there is no harm in showing pictures. I don't understand how someone can make fuzz about this. This forum is full of pictures, and many threads are useless without pictures. Thanks for the pics!
Just a question (which does not really correspond to this thread but I put it here it because I think that some of those following the thread may know what I am after): where in Madrid can you buy EG shoes nowadays? They used to have them at Excerez but they seem to have closed (both the airport and the Claudio Coello shops).

Madrileno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
Obviously there is no harm in showing pictures. I don't understand how someone can make fuzz about this. This forum is full of pictures, and many threads are useless without pictures. Thanks for the pics!
Just a question (which does not really correspond to this thread but I put it here it because I think that some of those following the thread may know what I am after): where in Madrid can you buy EG shoes nowadays? They used to have them at Excerez but they seem to have closed (both the airport and the Claudio Coello shops).

Hi EPA, you can get EG shoes at Yusti (if I recall correctly, they are now 15% off). The other place where they have a few is in Echegaray (I'm not sure about the name, I always mix it up), they have a store at the beginning of Paseo de la Habana a bit further down than the Vips, on the same side of the street, it is the store with the windows framed in a red/burgundy colour. They have another store close by in Castellana, but they do not have all the shoe brands that they have in the Paseo de la Habana store.

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
Hi EPA, you can get EG shoes at Yusti (if I recall correctly, they are now 15% off). The other place where they have a few is in Echegaray (I'm not sure about the name, I always mix it up), they have a store at the beginning of Paseo de la Habana a bit further down than the Vips, on the same side of the street, it is the store with the windows framed in a red/burgundy colour. They have another store close by in Castellana, but they do not have all the shoe brands that they have in the Paseo de la Habana store.

The shop you are mentioning EchevarrÃa. I guess they will also have some sales.

On Exerez, it just moved and changed names. Now is called Perch & Cro, and is in Lagasca, but close to Villanueva. They have now 20% off C&J shoes as I heard.

Thanks for your support guys.

Kind regards,

Iván

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shop you are mentioning EchevarrÃa. I guess they will also have some sales.

On Exerez, it just moved and changed names. Now is called Perch & Cro, and is in Lagasca, but close to Villanueva. They have now 20% off C&J shoes as I heard.

Thanks for your support guys.

Kind regards,

Iván

Thanks. I didn't know they moved. Isn't that new address close to Lubna (I think that is the name), one of the other few stores having nice shoes like Santoni? Does Perch & Cro. have the same brands (including Santoni) as Excerez used to have, or just C&J? Well, I do not have to ask this here, I will try to drop by one of these days.
EchevarrÃa, isn't that a tailor's store?

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
Thanks. I didn't know they moved. Isn't that new address close to Lubna (I think that is the name), one of the other few stores having nice shoes like Santoni? Does Perch & Cro. have the same brands (including Santoni) as Excerez used to have, or just C&J? Well, I do not have to ask this here, I will try to drop by one of these days.
EchevarrÃa, isn't that a tailor's store?

Exactly!! It is in front of Lubna, exactly. Lubna has 10-20% off now.

Perch has some other brands, but mainly C&J.

About EchevarrÃa, it is a taylor and a shop: http://www.echevarria.es/index.php?seccion=zapatos

Madrileno

Reaction score
Exactly!! It is in front of Lubna, exactly. Lubna has 10-20% off now.

Perch has some other brands, but mainly C&J.

About EchevarrÃa, it is a taylor and a shop: http://www.echevarria.es/index.php?seccion=zapatos

Talking about C&J in Madrid. I strongly recommend getting them at Tubet zapateros, they also have Santoni (and they do not have them on display, but they have some goodyear welted santonis which are some of the best shoes I ever bought) and Allen Edmonds, along with other minor brands. The owner is an expert in shoes (having worked in this area his whole life), and really loves his job, plus he loves to talk about them, and I learned a lot just by stopping by and chatting with him for a few minutes every once in a while

economiayocio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
Talking about C&J in Madrid. I strongly recommend getting them at Tubet zapateros, they also have Santoni (and they do not have them on display, but they have some goodyear welted santonis which are some of the best shoes I ever bought) and Allen Edmonds, along with other minor brands. The owner is an expert in shoes (having worked in this area his whole life), and really loves his job, plus he loves to talk about them, and I learned a lot just by stopping by and chatting with him for a few minutes every once in a while

I totally agree. Miguel Tubet is a great salesperson and an even better person.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Miguel Tubet is a great salesperson and an even better person.

Where is this shop located? I never heard of it.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Junk. Period.

mike2100

Reaction score
Splendid junk, may I say!!

For deserving a treatment like this in my first posts, and reading some "noisy" and untrue comments with no replies I see fear from some.

I just remember how this thread begins "Does anyone have any names an sites and opinions of high end Portugese and Spanish mens shoe manufacturers. I tried contacting Carmina and had no success."

with my posts I hope the original thread owner have liked the answer, and PERIOD!!

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Any updated info on Portuguese shoes to look for?

Lusitaniae

Reaction score
Are you still in Lisbon?

Try Decenio or Dielmar stores mentioned before and try Nunes Correa, it is located in Rua Augusta.

In the North of the country you can find several places with nice stores and manufactures.

El Corte Ingles has DeGier, a great Portuguese brand.

You can find easily in UK the Portuguese Brand Brett & Sons.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads