• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
34806_485711716834_508016834_6495152_8315970_n.jpg

snowday steez

generic
rayfarers
navy supply co/thrifted flannel
cone x roy
RW

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
good luck, those are long gone. someone beat me to a pair on sufu the other day. If I had sent my paypal an hour earlier they would have been mine. instead I got a refund fuuu

Oh Yes

themidship22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
snowday steez

generic
rayfarers
navy supply co/thrifted flannel
cone x roy
RW

Nice Robbie. Best fit I've seen of yours in awhile. I think your stance and facial expression took you to steeze central too. I don't give a **** demeanor is the key.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Wow...effin' awesome last few pages. Don't even know where to start on the commentary, so I'll skip the vast majority and just focus on how drool-worthy snow is in natural light sans glasses (set your own **** level here, and choose your own adventure.

Oh, and sq - like the sweater and shoes, but I feel like the pants would look better with a narrower hem. I probably have terrible taste, though, so feel free to ignore what I just said.

Robbie - what's the hem like on the Roy x Cone? Too big for a decent stack? To echo the entire forum, big cuffs gotta go. Smaller cuff + stack (if it doesn't give you broken ankle syndrome), roll, or hem.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I can understand that you don't like the cuffs. The jeans have much too wide of a hem to stack them. I want to wear these jeans as often as possible (they are a contest pair), the turn around on having them hemmed w/ a union special would be at the very least a week, which is a week I am not wearing them. Also I like the big cuffs, so I am going to wear them 365 days of the year long contest and not have them hemmed.

That's why they have the big cuffs, sorry you don't like them as much as I do.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
Really nice stuff going on these last few pages...especially love midship's fit.

My fit for today:

img0669aa.jpg

J. Crew
Hanes
Left Field
Clarks

**** lighting makes scarf disappear against sweater...fail. Anyway, bring the critiques...

Would look better with
1. More colorful scarf, maybe one with some variegated texture even. Scarf should only be worn with outerwear too, otherwise it looks like a fashion accessory.
2. Knit that doesn't have toggles (mostly gimmicky trend, IMO)
3. Calf chukkas instead of Clark DBs
4. Non-Nato watch band (way played out at this point)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does the winner of this contest win? Nothing that can make up for looking your lower body looking absurd for an entire year, no doubt.

Stuff like this reminds me of why I'll never have more than a passing interest in the whole denim culture. I think if I were that worried about not wearing them for seven days, I would get them hemmed and then go wrestle a mountain lion or something to make up for all of that wear and tear that would supposedly be lost over that week of non-wear.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I can understand that you don't like the cuffs. The jeans have much too wide of a hem to stack them. I want to wear these jeans as often as possible (they are a contest pair), the turn around on having them hemmed w/ a union special would be at the very least a week, which is a week I am not wearing them. Also I like the big cuffs, so I am going to wear them 365 days of the year long contest and not have them hemmed. That's why they have the big cuffs, sorry you don't like them as much as I do.
Couldn't you just roll the cuff twice though, rather than having one huge one? EDIT: Posted before I read you saying that you like the big cuffs a lot, at least you're doing what you like the most, that's probably most important.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Couldn't you just roll the cuff twice though, rather than having one huge one?

plus a bunch. double cuff is the way to go. i generally prefer double cuff to single cuff, even if the jeans aren't supermegalong. other than that, nice fit and really love the pic, robbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads