• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah its really not. as i buy, i sell. i have eliminated over 11 pairs of jeans and now im down to 3 pairs.
(4 with margiela)

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
Impulse buys?

41188572cv_11_f.jpg

No hate, but this literally looks like a costume from a made for tv science fiction movie from the early 80s.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do straight fit waxed denim not look good? I've tried on the nudie thin finns in waxed black denim and they looked pretty comical on me for being so tight. I actually have really skinny legs, which is why the thin finns looked funny b/c it looked like i was wearing jeggings.
Of course they do. It's not like I'd only wear tapered skinny jeans. I just don't like Acne's 'Mic' cut in particular, though. 'Thin Finn' is a pretty unattractive cut, too, if you ask me. Especially the back pocket placement never ceases to freak me out. If you're a rather skinny dude who's looking for a cut that doesn't accentuate your legs negatively but is yet slim enough to look flattering on you I'd consider - as previously mentioned - the 'Max' or 'Roc' cut... http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men...ash-12368.html http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men.../roc-cash.html
Edit: by the way, the CN jacket is availabe in a 38 on the CN website.
Nope =( Well,... I don't think I'd pay retail, anyway...
Originally Posted by dtmt
No hate, but this literally looks like a costume from a made for tv science fiction movie from the early 80s.
...which is probably one of the biggest compliments you could have paid.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
burberry markup is not at all excessive compared to other brands (you think burberry is marked up more than mmm or jil??)... the quality is not bad. its just that the styling is very plain.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Of course they do. It's not like I'd only wear tapered skinny jeans. I just don't like Acne's 'Mic' cut in particular, though. 'Thin Finn' is a pretty unattractive cut, too, if you ask me. Especially the back pocket placement never ceases to freak me out. If you're a rather skinny dude who's looking for a cut that doesn't accentuate your legs negatively but is yet slim enough to look flattering on you I'd consider - as previously mentioned - the 'Max' or 'Roc' cut...

http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men...ash-12368.html

http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men.../roc-cash.html

Nope =(

Well,... I don't think I'd pay retail, anyway...

...which is probably one of the biggest compliments you could have paid.

Is the 38 not showing up for you on the CN site? Looks like its available for me.

http://www.costumenational.com/COSTU...d10/41188572VP

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmny8.jpg
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Proxy, or not to proxy, that is the question... It looks slightly better in the TheCorner pictures somehow. Plus I was assuming that the epaulettes were 'fixed'. Hmm...

herzzreh

Reaction score
36211179kc_12_f.jpg
WWM @ $128 or
36183086pl_12_f.jpg
MMM @ $150

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads