• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintoTerra
Oud 27 today. I initially found this to be too strange and overpowering, but it's become a comfort scent for me. I really like everything I've tried from Le Labo. I'm anxious to sample the vetiver and gaiac perfumes they make.
Poive is supposed to be quite nice as well. Vanille blows though and the Iris is nothing special.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was ok but not bottle worthy

Originally Posted by Rambo
What did you think? The only one from the line that I've really liked so far has been Vervine but I have yet to try them all.

Interesting. Where did you snag the EdP? I might have to go give this a try myself.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was snowy out today. So I wore Burberry London.
redface.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey Flannel. Came in a splash bottle, which works as it's got no staying power, but it's cheap and cheerful. Especially recommended if you ever covered someone who wore Marc Jacobs.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TintoTerra
Oud 27 today. I initially found this to be too strange and overpowering, but it's become a comfort scent for me. I really like everything I've tried from Le Labo. I'm anxious to sample the vetiver and gaiac perfumes they make.

Vetiver 46 opens beautifully, but fortunately for my pocketbook it gets kind of pedestrian and not bottle-worthy. IMHO.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Varvatos today. I bought it a few years ago. Slightly saccharine and musky. Boring and not very high quality.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
M7. I never wear this one. It's so strong and really unlike anything else.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Angel for me today.

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
M7. I never wear this one. It's so strong and really unlike anything else.

I absolutely love this in the winter and evenings. I should have stocked up on the vintage bottles. I never worried about it before because it seemed like it was all over the place in local perfume shops, but when I was shopping around for a new bottle late last year, all the stock I could find was reformulated
frown.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I absolutely love this in the winter and evenings. I should have stocked up on the vintage bottles. I never worried about it before because it seemed like it was all over the place in local perfume shops, but when I was shopping around for a new bottle late last year, all the stock I could find was reformulated
frown.gif

Anybody know how you can tell the vintage M7 from the reformulated? I've had a full bottle for several years now that I never use. I suspect its vintage but I'm not sure.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What does the new stuff smell like? I'm sure there must be tons of the old stuff around if you know where to look.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What does the new stuff smell like? I'm sure there must be tons of the old stuff around if you know where to look.
Beats me. This is the only bottle that I've smelled. Given that its 4 yrs old or so I assume its not the reform.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Womanity today.
hmmm, I just smelled that on someone the other day and followed the smell around the whole store just to figure out which girl it was. I've tried wearing it a few times and while it's artistically interesting, personally i just find it too 'funky'. the more i think about it the more nauseous I get.
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today, strangely enough, I pulled a small decant of Goutal Ambre Fetische. It's quite nice in an herbal-amber way.
ohhh, I was just debating about getting one of those. PM me if you ever get tired of it. On paper it lasts DAYS, how's it on the skin?
Originally Posted by boo
I could have sworn someone mentioning they were looking for a coffee-ground-type coffee scent. IIRC, the drydown smells exactly of that. I used to have this but only liked the fruity opening, which doesn't last very long.
it was probably me looking for the coffee note. I'm still looking around for a good coffee. i need to try Angel pure coffee and the Ava Luxe one. The Malone Black Vetyver Cafe is out for longevity reasons and that only leaves New Haarlem in the running.
Originally Posted by Parker
I was at Khiel's today and tried on their #1 Musk. Didn't like the topnotes. Too fruity or something, but like it much more once it dried back.
give it some time to wear off the topnotes, it's a solid frag. also excellent for layering. try it.
Originally Posted by musicguy
Tried AdP Colonia Intensa the other day. Really liked it a lot.
Also tried Creed Aventus, but it was too sweet for me. It was very nice though and I could see how someone would like it. it's just not for me.

if you like the pineapple plus herbs thing, then try 1. Bond Riverside Drive, and 2. Joop Nightflight.
I've heard the new stuff is nowhere as good as the vintage and the vintage is apparently getting tough to find.

I'm finally back from holidays and along the way picked up vintage Guerlain's Heritage, Tommy Bahama, Prada Amber, MPG Racine, Casswell-Massey Sandlewood, Musc Ravageur and CDG Kyoto. I'd say a pretty solid haul.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter

it was probably me looking for the coffee note. I'm still looking around for a good coffee. i need to try Angel pure coffee and the Ava Luxe one. The Malone Black Vetyver Cafe is out for longevity reasons and that only leaves New Haarlem in the running.

Where does one find Angel Pure Coffee? I've never been able to locate it. New Haarlem is really fantastic. It's expensive, but it's the best I've smelled in that style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads