• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocks
1023100032.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
nice rug but get your shoe off it! also, you're 4 years early on this fit--supposed to be an offset leap year concept.
that's the cheap ass door rug
Originally Posted by Vaio
holy shiet a jet waywt post.!!!
I did one two weeks ago too, don't get used to it. Going cigar smoking, haven't selected my smokes yet.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
photo3zg.jpg

photo5c.jpg

cdw wh apc ph lol

That CDW is a bit too pedestrian and puffy. Also seems a bit mountain-wear/ workwear (which is what gives it its pedestrian look, I suppose). You could have done much better in a Cucinelli vest. Otherwise, it might have been slightly better though in a nicer green, or some material that would give the color some depth. Perhaps a wool? Or perhaps even CDW's other model (North by Northwest), where the metal buttons don't show (giving it a slightly less REI look). All in all, given how simple this is, I think you need something special in order to make this interesting. Again, that probably could have been achieved through the other "Italian vest" - Cucinelli. The Asian military uniform inspired collar is especially nice.
98014799.jpg
1146946886_tTLkU-O.png

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i don't care for the green but the one you've suggested is worse for an entirely different reason other than color

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i don't care for the green but the one you've suggested is worse for an entirely different reason other than color

I personally don't care for vests, but I think the Cucinelli's collar, inspired from Asian military uniforms, makes it better than the standard pieces. Most of the vests out there have that terrible heritage hunter Filson look, or REI/ LE kind of puffy mountain wear look.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
That CDW is a bit too pedestrian and puffy. Also seems a bit mountain-wear/ workwear (which is what gives it its pedestrian look, I suppose). You could have done much better in a Cucinelli vest. Otherwise, it might have been slightly better though in a nicer green, or some material that would give the color some depth. Perhaps a wool? Or perhaps even CDW's other model (North by Northwest), where the metal buttons don't show (giving it a slightly less REI look). All in all, given how simple this is, I think you need something special in order to make this interesting. Again, that probably could have been achieved through the other "Italian vest" - Cucinelli. The Asian military uniform inspired collar is especially nice.
I like the CDW including the color, metal buttons and puffiness. If that is a Cucinelli in your spoiler chasingred, that is fine but not "better."

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I like the CDW including (especially?) the color including the metal buttons including the puffiness. If that is a Cucinelli in your spoiler, that is fine but not "better."

i don't trust your color judgement vis-a-vis a certain japanese cardi
fight[1].gif

just kidding sell me it for cheap
devil.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
maybe looks better in person ?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen that turquoise(?) by CDW before. Base layer looks good too.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a kelly green. It turned out better than I thought or saw from the swatch because it has a bit of fluorescence.

cocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
butthurt

Eh I got rid of that coat within a day so unless you're deriving amusement from the 4 year old phone or ****** razor IDK what to say bro. And yes I wear white tshirts and pajamas when I'm just lounging around the house; I don't play dress up just to take a nice picture for my friends on the internet.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throw some Timbs in Jet's pic and that'd be a close fit approximation to my look as a teenager. Can't be mad at it though, super casual comfort steeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads